Why do people overreact to a new year? Watch

hzeey16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Like I get it, "A new year a new me!" But seriously, nothing really changes.. don't you agree? fellas?
Charlie Bravo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye, most people who make resolutions give up on them. I think you don't need a new year to make a change in your life. I guess a new year is a good time to have a clean slate and start over.
Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree. It's not relevant at all.
hzeey16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Charlie Bravo)
Aye, most people who make resolutions give up on them. I think you don't need a new year to make a change in your life. I guess a new year is a good time to have a clean slate and start over.
(Original post by Protégé)
I agree. It's not relevant at all.
Tbh... forgot it was new years on new years eve.. not gonna lie
fortunesfool
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think people see it as a fresh start x
lightningdoritos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it's the significance of the new year that makes people excited. But I don't think you can just change your life suddenly just because it's a new year, you should be continually trying to improve yourself (if that's what you want)
Antzlck
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think the new year is very relevant, much more relevant than a birthday in my opinion. I love the fact that it is a chance to start afresh, no matter how good or bad the previous year has been. It's only the 4th January and already I've made some changes in my life that will have a big impact. I know some will roll their eyes at that but it's true for me.

New Year's Eve and the midnight countdown, not so relevant, just a decent night out. The day before New Year's Eve I met with friends and we each took it turns to share our reflections on 2014, it was a very meaningful exercise, much more meaningful than the following evenings activity a.
Gott der Zweite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally, I couldn't give a ****. It just means closer to AS exams to me
Munrot07
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its a "yay! We made it around the sun again...which we had no part in really...woo!"
Purple-Pixie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I definitely agree. If people want to change their lives, I don't see why they have to wait until a new year...If they desperately want to change something about themselves or something in their life, they should take action immediately.
blackstah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just think that the idea of a new year is so arbitrary that there is no real significance in such a date. It is like any other day, there's nothing new nor exciting about a new year.

I guess that the only thing that is good about the new year is that it creates this atmosphere where everyone is happy and willing to try new things. I think that's because everyone is under this illusion that a new year means a new start.

Why does everyone wait for a new year in order to reform themselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I get fed up of all the new year new me stuff on facebook.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (425)
18.66%
The paper was reasonable (1076)
47.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (506)
22.21%
It was TERRIBLE (271)
11.9%

Watched Threads