Translating my Canadian Qualifications to their UK equivalent.

Watch
BONGO94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I emigrated to Canada (Nova Scotia) seven years ago with my parents, as a result I have been educated in the Canadian schooling system. I joined the Army 18 months ago and have been trying to get my Canadian school transcript translated to the UK equivalent (GCSE/ A-Level/ NVQ etc). I have decent results on my Canadian school transcript and wanted to get them translated to the UK equivalent so I could pursue further education. I have contacted the Tidworth Education Centre who came back to say my grades are equivalent to a NVQ Level 1, which I find hard to believe as I have a lot of 80-90% marks on my transcript. I have tried World Education Services but they told me that they don't translate from Canada to UK, I have also looked into NARIC but they seem to just give a general area of where your grade could be rather than pointing out what your grade is actually worth.

Is there anyone that can point me in the correct direction as to where I can get my education translated over?

Thanks
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BONGO94)
Hi, I emigrated to Canada (Nova Scotia) seven years ago with my parents, as a result I have been educated in the Canadian schooling system. I joined the Army 18 months ago and have been trying to get my Canadian school transcript translated to the UK equivalent (GCSE/ A-Level/ NVQ etc). I have decent results on my Canadian school transcript and wanted to get them translated to the UK equivalent so I could pursue further education. I have contacted the Tidworth Education Centre who came back to say my grades are equivalent to a NVQ Level 1, which I find hard to believe as I have a lot of 80-90% marks on my transcript. I have tried World Education Services but they told me that they don't translate from Canada to UK, I have also looked into NARIC but they seem to just give a general area of where your grade could be rather than pointing out what your grade is actually worth.

Is there anyone that can point me in the correct direction as to where I can get my education translated over?

Thanks
http://www.ucas.com/sites/default/fi...ifications.pdf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (184)
38.33%
Take autumn exams (147)
30.63%
Look for a job (16)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.38%
Take a year out (84)
17.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.83%

Watched Threads