Anyone with bad experiences of G2A? Watch

ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I just looked it up and wow, they have good prices for sure. But Googling how legit they are gives mixed results, though most of it speculation. The "if it's too good to be true" adage kinda went out of the window with Steam sales years ago.

Do they buy keys from Russia and sell them on? Apparently this causes a problem for games that don't have an English language option in Russia.

A bigger problem because they also apparently have zero support if something goes wrong. Like Buy At Your Own Risk. Or like you're buying stolen goods from a van.

------------------

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/...77590606520320

Welp.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've bought Fifa 15 from them on release day and it was fine. They do sell Russian codes which i wouldn't risk, though you can buy a money back guarantee for a nominal fee.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If they'd been around for years, I'd be fine. But they seem to be pretty new, and I can see a headline in the future about G2A be taken offline, or even Steam accounts getting suspended in the process.

I suspect many people have bought from them and got a working code, but that doesn't say much. What I'm wondering about is if anyone's had problems.
Fango_Jett
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
If they'd been around for years, I'd be fine. But they seem to be pretty new, and I can see a headline in the future about G2A be taken offline, or even Steam accounts getting suspended in the process.

I suspect many people have bought from them and got a working code, but that doesn't say much. What I'm wondering about is if anyone's had problems.
G2A isn't an authorized steam reseller. You are taking gamble with them. I've bought from them a few times in the past, and I've never had any problems with them. They have paypal available as well, so you might be more reassured there.

I doubt steam would start banning people. Sites like these have been around for a long time. People have been buying from the russian market for years (through websites or on places like r/steamgameswap, and I've never heard of anyone being banned or suspended on steam for it.

I would just check on SteamDB whether your has activation or playing restrictions on it. The worst that can possibly happen is that you will end up with a useless key.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.51%
No (556)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (188)
20.59%

Watched Threads