Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to do medicine and need really god as grades because my gcses let me down. How long do I need to revise every day to attain high AAAA grades at as and when should I start revising?

ReputationRep:
    Revise everyday for 5hrs even if u have nothing to revise. Do it again. Take Sunday and Friday off. I also wanna do medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You need to start now, I'm currently in year 12 and I already do 3 hours every night work and revision, not including set homeworks. I'm also interested in medicine. I don't want to 'peak' too early though, so for now I'm leaving the past papers for the next few weeks and just making flash cards and window paining (put you page into squares and write everything you remember about certain topics into a square) it's useful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Problem is I need really high grades because I want to do medicine at UCL and I got 7 As and 3Bs at GCSE and headmaster wouldn't let me repeat the year

ReputationRep:
    You should have all your notes completed soon. Then read them in your folders, and construct a timetable where you give even time to your subjects. Cover the page and try and write down everything you remember about the topics. Then check your notes and the marks schemes and examiners reports, and try and add what you forgot to the last time. Repeat. Also, towards the beginning of February I would start doing more past papers, and look for patterns in previous years etc

ReputationRep:
    My board has limited past papers what if i finish them all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDreamer123)
    Don't start too early and surely you have other subjects to do past papers in as well? Have you checked out xtermepapers? There's a lot more past papers on there which are not on the board websites. Plus you should do the past paper a couple of times, or at least more than once, but wait a week or 2 before attempting it again. In that gap, try and go over the cogent that you missed out more, as that means there is an obvious gap in your knowledge

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't have ccea which is my board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDreamer123)
    I found that if you do a past paper early enough you can usually do the same past paper in 5 months and have forgotten all the answers, but maybe save a couple of them so they're fresh in may. also even if its not for your exact spec you could try doing past papers from other exam boards
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Consistent revision and msking sure you understand everything by doing copious amounts of past questions- not too early though

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.