Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6072266.stm

I really hope some of the major deals Google/YT have signed mean at least some of the ebst clips stay up - its great for watching indvidual scenes from a movie for example.

ReputationRep:
    about half the films in my favourites have been taken down.

ReputationRep:
    All the things that I want to watch on youtube are gradually disappearing. I hope some clips will not be taken off. Maybe I'll have to find an alternative site like youTube. Any suggestions?

Christian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enriquc)
    All the things that I want to watch on youtube are gradually disappearing. I hope some clips will not be taken off. Maybe I'll have to find an alternative site like youTube. Any suggestions?

Christian
    The media and legal world will always try prevent sites such as YouTube ever staying alive, shame but i'm sure the internet will start finding new ways to host the viewers needs :P

ReputationRep:
    They better not get rid of Borat or the Arabic Music there (thats including the Arabic Dragonball Z opening).

ReputationRep:
    You tube was a truly original bit of free, unregulated, largely uncensored media that's now going to be gradually made worse unfortunately.

Edit: Person above me, some people may be epileptic. I really wouldnt have that in your sig

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Christian
    www.metacafe.com has always been better than youtube.

ReputationRep:
    noooooooo poor youtube that's sad, but i'm sure there'll always be other websites to satisfy our needs. i hope so anyway.

Christian
    I can't believe that this guy managed to get a level 15 warning and a permanent ban after only 5 posts. LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessyfencer)
    www.metacafe.com has always been better than youtube.
    it didn't have a single video for the search terms I used! damn you google!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    If you want to blame someone, blame Google. They're the ones that monetised legal action for the content owners.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and metacafe is crap, it's just a place people go because they think that YouTube is too mainstream.

ReputationRep:
    censorship = bullcrap

thats what stops free speech and creates a world of zombies.. fed by biased information.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

ReputationRep:
    the first time i actually heard about youtube was on the news. id never heard of it and now its goin away thats no fair

ReputationRep:
    The best thing about YouTube was that so many videos were on there - it almost became the norm for people to upload their videos only to youtube.

The same will happen as with Napster if YouTube really does crack - other places will open up but none of them will have the sheer content that the original had.

ReputationRep:
    **** i would love to be the guy that started up YouTube. He must be a rich man.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.