Turn on thread page Beta

Seeing my ex tomorrow! watch

Announcements

SO my boyfriend (well ex) dumped me over the phone about 3 weeks ago and we didn't contact each other till I messaged him on his bday just to say have a good day. He replied saying he was pleased that i'd messages him and that I should know I can still talk to him whenever and we'd have to meet up soon.. He messaged me today saying could he see me tomorrow as he felt we both had a lot of stuff we wanted to say face to face.

Honestly what he told me when he broke up and what I heard from everyone else who he told was very different.. should I mention this to him. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about seeing him in person.. the break up still hurts and I don't really know if I can manage just friends but don't want to lose him altogether. At the same time this is the second time he dumped me.. he dumped me after 5 months then i took him back after 2 weeks of no contact then we lasted another month till he dumped me again. If he says to get back together, how long till he dumps me again.. actually that's stupid, he made it pretty clear he's finished with me haha. I just don't know what he's going to say to me.

A problem I have is that I can rant to my friends etc or on here but as soon as I see him I just agree with everything he says and it's like I can't make myself say my own opinion which is not like me but i physically can't:/

And a quick question, what do I wear etc...do I go all out with hair and makeup and like skinny jeans or do I just not bother at all????
    Any help is great thanks.. 10 tomorrow morning in this green space by where i live arghh..

ReputationRep:
    He dumped you by phone?

Wow that's low. I don't think I could even talk to him again if it were me. Just wear anything you're comfortable in, don't bother to impress he's not interested anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to get back together? It seems like he has messed you around which is unfair on you. I personally wouldn't go back to him, its as if he wants for you to play into his hands, to pick you up and drop you when it suits him. If you are worried about being dumped again, don't create a situation which will lead to you being upset again. I hope all goes well for you though whatever you decide !!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely one of those situations where cutting off contact and moving on is for the best.

ReputationRep:
    For starters, you need to rectify your problem of being putty in his hands. I'd cut him off if I were you.

I've been there and it's not the nicest way but going on the no contact path was strong! I personally wouldn't go - he has nothing new to say to you and you're seemingly stronger for not hearing from him and moved on. He obviously hasn't!
    That being said if you do go - act casual and dress casual. Play it as cool as you can to hear him out but be the strong one more so to walk away when the silences creep in. Leaving him see you strong and such will show him that ending it perhaps wasn't the best call. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't show up, don't hurt yourself any longer. This guys doesn't deserve you and the sooner you realize that the sooner you will be able to move on.

But i've already agreed to meet him,I can't not just show up, after 7 months I owe him that.

Thanks for all the comments, I just have to try to speak my mind tomorrow if it comes to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs House)
    He dumped you by phone?

Wow that's low. I don't think I could even talk to him again if it were me. Just wear anything you're comfortable in, don't bother to impress he's not interested anymore.
    Agreed, I could never talk to him again but...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    But i've already agreed to meet him,I can't not just show up, after 7 months I owe him that.

Thanks for all the comments, I just have to try to speak my mind tomorrow if it comes to it
    .... since you already said you would, do show up. Don't make him see that you're hurting. He doesn't deserve you - after 7 months HE owed it to you to break up in person and not by phone and spreading whatever he said to other people. Turn up looking your best. Show those assets and make him think 'what was I thinking when I decided to break up with her?' Be nice and friendly but do not allow flirting as that might lead to break up sex or something.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I wouldn't give him the time of day after that, my ex dumped me via whatsapp.

ReputationRep:
    Babe don't be there to jump when he says jump, make him feel like you have moved on and be strong within yourself. I split up with my boyfriend in September and even though that was now 4 months ago I am still struggling with it but I know it was for the best. You need to think within yourself was it working? no? and did he respect you? clearly not enough if he dumped you over the phone. That's not fair on you at all and you deserve better than that. Sod him, don't bother making an effort with your appearance for him, he will just see it as another sign of you being wrapped round his little finger. Just go casual, be positive and happy and just think you don't need him. it isn't the end of the world and there's a penguin out there for everyone! it didn't work out for a reason and he was the one who ended it not you. Maybe for your own clarity try and get to the root of why he actually dumped you so that you no longer question any part of going back to the relationship. Know within yourself that it was no good and that you are independent without it or him. hope this helps, good luckxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2015
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.