Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guffy)
    The majority of women prefer a smooth chest, and I have no problem whatsoever obliging. However, as standard I prefer to leave there hair there, because I believe most women aren't especially bothered, and some women prefer it, and it only takes minutes to remove it, whereas it can take a while for it all to grow back.
    Nah it doesn't bother me. Theres a realllllly fit guy at uni (not saying who incase he comes on here) and he's got a pretty hairy chest but that wouldn't put me off and i wouldn't ask him to shave it off or anything cos men have hairy chests deal with it i just accept that fact and having a smooth chest may make you less manly in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    yea but some girlfriends ive been with have asked me (and im guessing the same for guffy) to remove the hair of my chest which is fine with me. Some women just aint used to it/like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_88)
    Nah it doesn't bother me. Theres a realllllly fit guy at uni (not saying who incase he comes on here) and he's got a pretty hairy chest but that wouldn't put me off and i wouldn't ask him to shave it off or anything cos men have hairy chests deal with it i just accept that fact and having a smooth chest may make you less manly in my opinion
    It's not about you having to ask him to remove it. I view it as one of those things which should be done voluntarily to make things more pleasant for your partner. If it doesn't bother you then fair enough, but I know a lot of women find it unpleasant, and I see it as my responsibility as a lover to make things as pleasant for my partner as possible. I mean, women have hairy vaginas, but I would not be happy in the slightest to venture downstairs and discover a jungle. I don't see what the difference is.

I also think it's worrying that you base your concept of manliness in part around body hair. I suppose I would fit your definition of manly (muscular, naturally hairy) but then I'm far from excessively macho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guffy)
    It's not about you having to ask him to remove it. I view it as one of those things which should be done voluntarily to make things more pleasant for your partner. If it doesn't bother you then fair enough, but I know a lot of women find it unpleasant, and I see it as my responsibility as a lover to make things as pleasant for my partner as possible. I mean, women have hairy vaginas, but I would not be happy in the slightest to venture downstairs and discover a jungle. I don't see what the difference is.
    Amen
    (Original post by Guffy)
    I also think it's worrying that you base your concept of manliness in part around body hair. I suppose I would fit your definition of manly (muscular, naturally hairy) but then I'm far from excessively macho.
    Nah I understand that some women generally have an idea of what men should look like, you go to latin america and no woman will ask you to groom your chest, theyd call you "boy" if you aint got none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edu)
    Nah I understand that some women generally have an idea of what men should look like, you go to latin america and no woman will ask you to groom your chest, theyd call you "boy" if you aint got none.
    Which I think is utterly ridiculous. A guy could have no hair on his chest, but be earning a ton of money, be emotionally strong and support his family (hell, if you want to continue the strong physicality = manly thing, he could even deadlift 800lbs) and he's not manly because he doesn't have hair on his chest?

Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    i use a lawn-mower to free myself of leg hair.

ReputationRep:
    eh true, speaking generally tho it isnt always the case thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guffy)
    Which I think is utterly ridiculous. A guy could have no hair on his chest, but be earning a ton of money, be emotionally strong and support his family (hell, if you want to continue the strong physicality = manly thing, he could even deadlift 800lbs) and he's not manly because he doesn't have hair on his chest?

Ridiculous.
    yeah yeah i was actually meaning physically manly (as in to look at).

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously physical masculinity is a result of testosterone levels, which obviously manifests itself in such ways as body hair, a deep voice, muscular build, etc.

ReputationRep:
    yea i got nothing against appearing more manly, but not judging mens personality by what they look like :\

ReputationRep:
    yeah dont get why i'm being attacked for saying that a hairy chest makes you look more manly, i'm not saying you ARE more manly just that you look it.

ReputationRep:
    yeah dont get why i'm being attacked for saying that a hairy chest makes you look more manly, i'm not saying you ARE more manly just that you look it.
    Actually, what you said was "having a smooth chest may make you less manly in my opinion," not "having a smooth chest may make you look less manly in my opinion."

ReputationRep:
    yeah you know what i meant:p:
    Why do you have to make everything into an argument lighten up a bit

ReputationRep:
    *waits for confrontation*

ReputationRep:
    yeah you know what i meant:p:
    Why do you have to make everything into an argument lighten up a bit
    Well I do now you've clarified, but the only way to interpret what you posted was the way I interpreted it. I'm not a mind reader.

I'm not arguing either, I'm discussing, which is kind of part of the whole message board dynamic.

ReputationRep:
    You discuss in a very argumentative way that's the reason i knew who you were

ReputationRep:
    That's just the way I roll, baby.

Good work on the "keep it quiet" thing though. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guffy)
    That's just the way I roll, baby.

Good work on the "keep it quiet" thing though. :yy:
    yeah i know i'm the master at keeping secrets.
    Why should i bother anyway what've you ever done for me?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know i'm the master at keeping secrets.
    Why should i bother anyway what've you ever done for me?
    Generally when someone tells you a secret and you promise not to reveal it, you stick to your word.

Then again, some people seem to be lacking in principles. I would be sorely disappointing to find you to be one of those people.

ReputationRep:
    omg, thats such a standard female relationship thing haha.

What have you done for me lately!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.