Is giving my number to this guy weird? Watch

username1377964
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This cute guy working in a shop I went to today kept kind of looking at me when I was there. We kept smiling at each other and I just felt a sort of connection? Sounds silly I know :P if I went to the shop and wrote my number down would that be super weird/ awkward? Should I try to talk to him first? I don't want him to think I'm a weirdo or am looking for a casual hook up type thing
Schrödingers Cat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Talk to him first, just make some small talk. If he gives a positive response and you like him then go ahead and give him your number
fabulasmic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I actually have two friends who have found love with boys who served them in a shop! Both of their examples stemmed from chatting a bit first, but if you have the confidence to go straight ahead and give him your number then I would just say go for it! If I were a single lady and a guy did that to me I would love it and would definitely get talking to him, although I must admit that if the roles were reversed, I would probably be too shy! Good luck!
MarcosTKD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I once asked a girl for her number when I was a waiter. We have now been going out for 8 months.

Na, im just joking we went Nandos and it was terrible, never spoke to her again. And yes talk to him first, every guy likes a confident girl. :cool:
Stickman
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
Go for it. Why does it have to be the guy making the move all the time?
catsis
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nigeatemyhamster)
You made this thread before. There's something wrong with you.

Maybe it's a different girl.
catsis
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nigeatemyhamster)
No the scent of loserishness and creepiness is identical.

That made me laugh. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt considering the other thread was posted by an anonymous.
username1377964
Rep:
?
(Original post by catsis)
That made me laugh. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt considering the other thread was posted by an anonymous.
I honestly haven't posted this before?
catsis
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by baldwel)
I honestly haven't posted this before?
I thought so. I believed you all along.
i.am.lost
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's fine to make the first move, but I'd be a bit weirded out if a girl gave me her number without us ever chatting first or anything.
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it's better to at least talk to him a bit first personally.
Crydamoure
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This cute guy working in a shop I went to today kept kind of looking at me when I was there. We kept smiling at each other and I just felt a sort of connection? Sounds silly I know :P if I went to the shop and wrote my number down would that be super weird/ awkward? Should I try to talk to him first? I don't want him to think I'm a weirdo or am looking for a casual hook up type thing
Had a pretty similar sort of situation myself recently with a girl who works in Cardiff, however I've been home for the past couple weeks or so.

I'd like to talk to her again if I can find her, but personally I wouldn't have felt that her workplace was an appropriate location for it.

So yeah, I'm kinda struggling a bit too on this one... do I say something along the lines of "I'd like to chat with you more, whenever you have the time" and give some details, or is that considered creepy idk
MissLalaxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh yes that "connection" feeling. Been there but life's too short, start a conversation, comment him on his smile or anything else then drop the bomb "bet you're gf likes your smile etc". If he says he doesn't have one, you could say do you want to go for a coffee sometime? Then give him your number. Goodluck
MissLalaxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
This is so cute! Yes definitely talk to him first, and ideally give him the opportunity to be the man and get your number/invite you out

Ah bless. I'm with you except I think I would draw the line at the girlfriend comment, unless you can find a more subtle/natural way to work it into convo. If he reveals he doesn't have a girlfriend then I'd say something corny like "how come a nice guy like you is single then mister"?
Lol I would just need to know before I proceed with further "wooing". Hahahah he'd defo be mine then
username1377964
Rep:
?
(Original post by MissLalaxx)
Oh yes that "connection" feeling. Been there but life's too short, start a conversation, comment him on his smile or anything else then drop the bomb "bet you're gf likes your smile etc". If he says he doesn't have one, you could say do you want to go for a coffee sometime? Then give him your number. Goodluck
Aw thank you for the advice
username1377964
Rep:
?
This is so cute! Yes definitely talk to him first, and ideally give him the opportunity to be the man and get your number/invite you out

Ah bless. I'm with you except I think I would draw the line at the girlfriend comment, unless you can find a more subtle/natural way to work it into convo. If he reveals he doesn't have a girlfriend then I'd say something corny like "how come a nice guy like you is single then mister"?
Haha aw that line is so corny but if somebody said it to me I'd probably be flattered (minus the mister :P) thanks for the advice
MissLalaxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A girl with morals? How refreshing

Oh he would would he, young lady? :beard:

If a cute girl approaches me then the best line she can deliver would be something like that, that is a little corny, sweet, and playful. Anything to make me smile, and make me have to think on my feet!

There you go! Never underestimate the power of 'mister', so sexy! No problemo :top2:
Yep can't steal someone elses man.
MissLalaxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aw thank you for the advice
No problem!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise