The Student Room Group

UCAS application

I've decided that I don't want to go to uni and would rather find an apprenticeship but my college are insisting that I have to complete my ucas application

just some advice really if anyone can help as I don't feel like I'm getting any support from college and it's stressing me out
Why don't you go to your career advisor and tell them? Am sure they'll sort something out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I did see my careers advisor just before Xmas and he said still apply for uni to keep my options open.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try to find a university course you will be happy studying and will lead to a job you are happy doing and can meet the requirements of the course. At least then you have a good backup in case you change your mind.
Apply for the uni's. If you don't get it then we can't do anything about that. But if you do. At least then you'll have have a chance incase you change your mind. So you won't regret anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I don't want to go to uni though feel like college are pressuring me. If I don't complete my application what can they do about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't do it then there's no problem with that. They can't force you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Josh1897
I don't want to go to uni though feel like college are pressuring me. If I don't complete my application what can they do about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can't do anything directly, but they might write you lukewarm references in the future which will affect your chances of getting an apprenticeship or job.

You'll have to write something similar to get onto an apprenticeship anyway. Look on a uni application as practice for that. Even if you're given an offer, you don't have to take it up.
All of the Universities will still be there next year - or in five years time.
It isnt like this is the only year you can apply to Uni!

Ignore your college.

If an apprenticeship feels right for you at the moment, go for it.
You'll be earning money from day 1 not building up debt, and if you decide to go to Uni in the future they will all still be there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending