Finance Eligibility Watch

Msachdeva789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi There,

I wanted to find out whether or not I am eligible for loans and bursaries because I was confused about my status. I was born in the UK and have a British passport, I lived there for the majority of my life and moved to New Delhi when I was 11 for education purposes. My entire family have British Passports and my permanent address is in the UK.
My parents both pay taxes in the UK and have a house there. Additionally, my father receives government pension as he was a Prison Service Governor.

Am I eligible for taking out a loan or any bursaries, or am I not eligible because I moved to New Delhi for education purposes? I come back every holiday and break, I am only here to study. Had I known, I wouldn't have moved.

Thank you so much for your support.
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there.

How long have you lived in New Delhi and was this solely for education? Have you always intended on coming back to the UK to live? Normally a UK national would need to have lived here for the full 3 years prior to the start date of their course. If there has been a break in that residency then this would need to have been temporary and must be proven with evidence.

Thanks.
Msachdeva789
Rep:
?
Hello,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to read my post. I have been studying in New Delhi for about 5 years now and have been studying at the "British School". I have always intended on returning to the UK, hence I studied at a school that followed the British Education Curriculum, including IGCSEs and Sixth Form, so that I could move back with ease.

I have always maintained contacts with the UK, I return to our home in London whenever my term-time finishes. I am only here for education purposes. I have flight tickets and records with dates etc. for evidence. Would this be sufficient?

Thank you!
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there.

Whilst this evidence would confirm travel, it would not exactly confirm your intentions to return permanently or that the leave was temporary. Normally we can accept a letter from the overseas school confirming that you were there solely for the purposes of study and always had the intention of returning.

Thanks.
Msachdeva789
Rep:
?
Hello,

That sounds like a great idea, I can definitely ask the school to write a letter explaining my situation. When I apply next September, I shall make sure that these details, flights, the letter etc. are attached with my application.

Thank you very much for you support, you have been extremely helpful.
I hope you have a great day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (260)
26.67%
No (715)
73.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed