The Student Room Group

Did anyone else miss their school prom?

stories
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i missed mine. at first i regretted it until i realise that i didn't really like most people going to it anyways
I missed my sixth form one. I didn't have many friends and didn't want to be on my own the whole night.
I missed mine, my close friends at the time weren't going and everyone else are d*cks
Reply 4
I missed mine because I was on holiday, not that I wanted to go in the first place...
I didn't go to either of my proms - year 11 or year 13.

Looking back I wish I'd gone to them, but that's easy for me to say now. At the time I wasn't really friends with anyone and was quite shy so I don't know if I would have enjoyed it or not. Especially the year 11 one.
I didn't go because I didn't really have any friends. I do regret it, just a little though. I saw the photos, the atmosphere looked nice.
Reply 7
Went to my secondary school one, was great! Missed the sixth form one because my close friends weren't going, it was a different school I wasn't really attached to and I knew it wasn't going to be as good as my secondary school one anyway.
We didn't have one.

They are a US tradition that should stay there.
I missed both of mine ... I don't regret it as I very much doubt I would have enjoyed either of them. :dontknow:
Reply 10
ahh seems like a lot of peopel here who didnt go diudnt like people at there school anyway
didnt have one as its a stupid americanism and i went to a proper english school
Original post by GodAtum
didnt have one as its a stupid americanism and i went to a proper english school

:biggrin:

I agree ftr. Our year was the first, I couldn't go anyway.
Reply 13
Original post by GodAtum

you learned well
I was working at my High School prom.

Yeah.
I didn't - I'm not that fond of the whole dressing up thing with the massive emphasis on what you look like. Knew it would be essentially like a popularity contest too, and I just knew that I wouldn't really enjoy it.
I went to year 11 and got hideously drunk, I didn't go to year 13 as I cba
Yeah I missed mine because I had glandular fever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I went it was so ****, wish I never.
Didn't go to mine, thought (and still think) it's a waste of money and the people at my school weren't worth being around. It was a total disaster anyways so better I stayed home :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest