Turn on thread page Beta

Listening to a song overnight changes the way it sounds completely. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've found on many occasions that if I listen to a specific song on repeat whilst I sleep, it sounds very different when I play it again the next day. I usually have to check that it actually is the same version of the song. I can't pinpoint what specifically sounds different. It just sounds like a cover of the song. It's hard to describe.

I googled it and others have had similar experience.

It happened to me last night with "Power of Love" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

Have any of you found this?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, had to Google it to make sure I wasn't the only one, if the song is new to me and I play it over night on repeat it sounds strange for a couple of days after. Then it wears off

ReputationRep:
    DOES THIS GO AWAY??? I LOVE TWINTAILS AND I PUT THE OPENING SONG, ENDING SONG, AND 2 OTHER BACKGROUND SONGS FROM THE ANIME ON REPEAT OVERNIGHT. NOW THEY SOUND LIKE [email protected]#% ;n; ;n; ;n; DOES THIS WEAR OFF??

ReputationRep:
    DOES THIS GO AWAY I LOVE AND ADORE TWINTAILS AND NOW THE OPENING AND ENDING SOUND LIKE S#@% SO DOES IT WEAR OFF OR NOT I HATE MY LIFE RIGHT NOW ;n; ;n;

ReputationRep:
    I start to notice things in the song I never noticed before and it starts to sound different in that way because I am now appreciating different parts of the songs other than just the words...idk if that's what OP means though or I don't understand/experience what they mean.

Lucky to have music auto off feature, music stops playing after certain period of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have to know as well cause the song was my favorite and now its terrible 😭😭
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Moved to Music

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I've had this same experience while listening to 1-800 Logic overnight. I was completely weirded out when it sounded really bad the next day. I absolutely love the song but now I can't bare to listen to it anymore. The Rs sound like L's and the whole song sounds like a jumbled mess.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.