Listening to a song overnight changes the way it sounds completely.

Watch
ummm
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've found on many occasions that if I listen to a specific song on repeat whilst I sleep, it sounds very different when I play it again the next day. I usually have to check that it actually is the same version of the song. I can't pinpoint what specifically sounds different. It just sounds like a cover of the song. It's hard to describe.

I googled it and others have had similar experience.

It happened to me last night with "Power of Love" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

Have any of you found this?
Mistermasterdan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, had to Google it to make sure I wasn't the only one, if the song is new to me and I play it over night on repeat it sounds strange for a couple of days after. Then it wears off
TwintailLoverXXX
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
DOES THIS GO AWAY??? I LOVE TWINTAILS AND I PUT THE OPENING SONG, ENDING SONG, AND 2 OTHER BACKGROUND SONGS FROM THE ANIME ON REPEAT OVERNIGHT. NOW THEY SOUND LIKE [email protected]#% ;n; ;n; ;n; DOES THIS WEAR OFF??
TwintailLoverXXX
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
DOES THIS GO AWAY I LOVE AND ADORE TWINTAILS AND NOW THE OPENING AND ENDING SOUND LIKE S#@% SO DOES IT WEAR OFF OR NOT I HATE MY LIFE RIGHT NOW ;n; ;n;
mgill17
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I start to notice things in the song I never noticed before and it starts to sound different in that way because I am now appreciating different parts of the songs other than just the words...idk if that's what OP means though or I don't understand/experience what they mean.
Report 4 years ago
Lucky to have music auto off feature, music stops playing after certain period of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mora0930
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have to know as well cause the song was my favorite and now its terrible 😭😭
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Moved to Music
AnimeAmie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yea, I've had this same experience while listening to 1-800 Logic overnight. I was completely weirded out when it sounded really bad the next day. I absolutely love the song but now I can't bare to listen to it anymore. The Rs sound like L's and the whole song sounds like a jumbled mess.
Jlund
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ummm)
I've found on many occasions that if I listen to a specific song on repeat whilst I sleep, it sounds very different when I play it again the next day. I usually have to check that it actually is the same version of the song. I can't pinpoint what specifically sounds different. It just sounds like a cover of the song. It's hard to describe.

Yes last night i listened to 187 by lud foe for about 7 hours since i need sound and i love that song, but now when i listen part of the chorus doesnt play and the dude who raps sounds like he doesnt have the “hard” tone
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ummm)

Tried it... but it still sounded rubbish in the morning just like it did before.
Mamas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yess I have done this before and I didn’t even want to listen to that song after that because it didn’t sound the same
davion121
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i had this in 2016 with chandelier by sia and a few other songs like last year with marshmello friends and this time last night will lil peep spotlight thats why i finally decided to google it and still i dont have an awnser and imstarting to completely forget how the song originaly sounded
bruhhhh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Whenever I listen to love. Feat. Zacari. The first part when it says “it’s another world premier” it sounds like Mario and scares the crap outta me because I worry it’s something in my brain.
𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕕𝕪𝕨𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
yessss i have had that happen this last couple of days. Since i got my phone taken away, i listen to my music on my laptop now and i have a song on repeat for the whole night. A couple of days ago i was listening to Locked Away by R. City and Adam Levine. It sounds completely different now and it's been a couple of days and it still doesn't sound the same
Last edited by 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕕𝕪𝕨𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤; 10 months ago
blueskiesinpain
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
True thing.
townsend10755
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ummm)
I've found on many occasions that if I listen to a specific song on repeat whilst I sleep, it sounds very different when I pYou lay it again the next day. I usually have to check that it actually is the same version of the song. I can't pinpoint what specifically sounds different. It just sounds like a cover of the song. It's hard to describe.

And you get to view it from different perspective.
excitedpresent
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ummm)

This is fascinating, I've never heard of this phenomena before but now I want to try it out

How many times did you listen to it overnight? I don't usually listen to songs on repeat, perhaps the fact you were constantly listening to it made it wear off?
Isabel2003
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The other night, maybe like 2-3 weeks ago, i fell asleep listening to "Far away" By: Jessie Reyez, and now everytime i listen to it, it sounds distorted and her voice doesn't match the beat anymore. I honestly feel bummed out bc i love that song so much. I wish i could fix it
Last edited by Isabel2003; 9 months ago
cynthia121
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I just wanna know, did It wear off yet? 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (59)
73.75%
No (21)
26.25%

Watched Threads