Cambridge Decisions 2015 - info and FAQ Watch

This discussion is closed.
BVN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Still waiting for my reply tomorrow. Whatever happens, thanks to everyone for making this thread amazing, I've had an awesome time (although I haven't really posted anything xD ). Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to all those who haven't heard back yet
HepThMathPhys
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amanda Brown)
If we have an offer through the pool can we still get feedback about our application?

Yes, I'm sure you can. Since it would have been conducted at your original college, you should contact them through the person that sent the interview request.
CakeFrog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Seeing everyone getting their offers/rejections has made me even more nervous for tomorrow, which is when my letter will hopefully arrive... D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
AMRF
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know when is UCAS updating?
gbg001
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by laurensmiley97)
My best friend (same course and college) got rejected... It honestly makes me feel so sad and I feel really guilty too for some reason even though it obviously wasn't my decision

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of my friends got rejected too and he was applying to the college next to mine
Bexrose1997
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Danil0u)
I've just had a phone call, I was pooled into Murry Edwards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too! I got a phone call earlier today, pooled to Murray Edwards for geography. How are you feeling about it?
allypetal
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bexrose1997)
Me too! I got a phone call earlier today, pooled to Murray Edwards for geography. How are you feeling about it?
Yay! I chose to apply there and I have an offer for English

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bexrose1997
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by allypetal)
Yay! I chose to apply there and I have an offer for English

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done! What made you choose to apply there out of interest? Just because I got pooled, I never visited or anything and hadn't really heard much about it before today

Posted from TSR Mobile
azereng
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello there! Who got an an offer/rejection for engineering at churchill? I'm an international student so i'm still waiting for my letter!
08rdiss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Christ's Admissions)
If you haven't heard anything about an interview then that means you have an offer from another college who will contact you soon. Congratulations!
Are you sure? I'm scared to get my hopes up
allypetal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well done! What made you choose to apply there out of interest? Just because I got pooled, I never visited or anything and hadn't really heard much about it before today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically I wanted to avoid the claustrophobic/ oldness/ seriousness of the others (BIG generalisation, there are other reasons I know and I'm sure I'd be happy at any of the others) when I visited nearly a year ago it was the only college which I had an amazing gut feeling about and it just clicked for me. There was something about thinking of myself there, I could realistically picture myself (Mancunian and all that) there and loving it.

I'm academic but I absolutely love talking to people and am really friendly, and I instantly got on with the kind of people there - yeah it's not as pretty or old as the others but it has that homely feel to it I can't explain it, I think if you go you'll probably get what I'm trying to say!

Sorry for the essay! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
ashy97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone else got an offer from St John's?
Danil0u
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fawkesgirl33)
lol, yeah I heard over the phone and forgot to ask about grades etc. I think I was still in shock. I assume it'll be A*AA.
Exactly the same as me haha, she asked if I had any questions and I said no :')
maya_fooks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by arc0205)
Emmanuel - Oh I know! I can't believe I got an offer because of how small the course is compared to how many people applied
Yeah its crazy - well its nice to find someelse, at least theres 2 of us! Do you have any idea what beheavioual science modules your going to take?
Danil0u
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm anxious but just happy to have an offer really, you?
JessGrimmel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really hope I find out from my pooled college tomorrow.... I can't take any more waiting!!!!!
BrainDrain
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chloe--)
Lucky you! My journey hasn't ended yet

Congrats on your offer
Keep thinking positive Chloe and I'm sure you'll get in, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you... good luck!
vale98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know, it's the wrong place to ask, but Canyou tell me your predicted grades?

(Original post by Doomlar)
Subject: Medicine
College:
Churchill
Outcome (and conditions):
Conditional offer; A*A* in Biology and Chemistry, AA in Mathematics and Physics.
How did you hear?:
Letter
How do you feel?:
adfjhnekhjneajrgnbakjhdbgjhweabk jatbhjragba
​ajsdfgnekhrn4jhneargkjenhkjtn hwtlkhn
Danil0u
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by allypetal)
Basically I wanted to avoid the claustrophobic/ oldness/ seriousness of the others (BIG generalisation, there are other reasons I know and I'm sure I'd be happy at any of the others) when I visited nearly a year ago it was the only college which I had an amazing gut feeling about and it just clicked for me. There was something about thinking of myself there, I could realistically picture myself (Mancunian and all that) there and loving it.

I'm academic but I absolutely love talking to people and am really friendly, and I instantly got on with the kind of people there - yeah it's not as pretty or old as the others but it has that homely feel to it I can't explain it, I think if you go you'll probably get what I'm trying to say!

Sorry for the essay! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was pooled to Murray edwards, nice to hear there'll be a fellow northerner there, im from near preston
allypetal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Danil0u)
I was pooled to Murray edwards, nice to hear there'll be a fellow northerner there, im from near preston
One of the old undergrads who now works there is from Yorkshire and to be honest it was probably her that made me apply when I first visited! Also she just said 'we're a bit friendlier down here' right before my first interview and it was sold to me! Never thought I'd have an interview or even an offer though

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise