The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EHZ17
I'm currently doing S1 and S2, would you advise S3 and S4?

What about further pure 2 and 3?

Lastly, if youre a Cam Economist, would you mind commenting on my recent thread? I want to know the typical day/week of an economist at cam, would really help me out!

Original post by Rainybird
Sorry I'm just an Engineering applicant :P Statistics will probably help most, but I'm only doing S2 as well. As for FP I don't see how their contents is relevant to economics. But I'm no expert.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically ALL of S3/S4 come up in 1st year, so they're deffo worth learning. Only SOME of FP2/3 come up, so might be worth learning only the relevant chapters. Most of the 'Pure' content is new.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Basically ALL of S3/S4 come up in 1st year, so they're deffo worth learning. Only SOME of FP2/3 come up, so might be worth learning only the relevant chapters. Most of the 'Pure' content is new.

Thanks! What are the relevant topics in pure?
Reply 4942
Has anyone who applied to Fitz got an update on UCAS?
Original post by SvLy

Yh mine updated on Tuesday afternoon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SvLy

I didn't (NatSci rejection)
Original post by physicsmaths
Yh mine updated on Tuesday afternoon

Posted from TSR Mobile

For natural sciences?
Original post by hippoposthumous
For natural sciences?

Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What boards S3-S4 because the content of Statistics seems to vary massively between boards.
Original post by SvLy

Yep, mine updated earlier this week. What have you applied for?
Reply 4949
Original post by drowninginsound
Yep, mine updated earlier this week. What have you applied for?

Congrats on your offer! Been lurking for a while and would love to have a Phys natsci offer this time next year :s Any tips on getting high UMS in AS levels? They'd be much appreciated!

Good luck on making your offer!
Does anyone have any idea when the statistics page on the Cambridge website will update?
Original post by draculina
Does anyone have any idea when the statistics page on the Cambridge website will update?

April

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oi. That's my line. Lol. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Oi. That's my line. Lol. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry :wink: I thought about crediting you and then thought nah I'll claim this one :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ozark
Congrats on your offer! Been lurking for a while and would love to have a Phys natsci offer this time next year :s Any tips on getting high UMS in AS levels? They'd be much appreciated!

Good luck on making your offer!

Thank you! I'll PM you. :biggrin:
Original post by EHZ17
Thanks! What are the relevant topics in pure?

Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, McClaurin/Taylor Series from what I'm aware of. There could be some I've missed out since I'm only at the start of 2nd term.

Original post by Dalek1099
What boards S3-S4 because the content of Statistics seems to vary massively between boards.

Edexcel.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, have a question about the on going Open Offer Pool for medicine.

does anyone know whether the information and marking for a candidates re-interview goes with their application into the open offer pool or not?
Original post by abigai11

does anyone know whether the information and marking for a candidates re-interview goes with their application into the open offer pool or not?

Yes. I would expect all info about the application would be in their file.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, McClaurin/Taylor Series from what I'm aware of. There could be some I've missed out since I'm only at the start of 2nd term.

Edexcel.

Thanks!
Original post by abigai11

Hey do you know when they let applicants know if they have an open offer or not for medicine ?