The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fawkesgirl33
I'm really stressed now. My mum keeps asking 'Do you know about Cambridge yet?' and I must have told her 50 times that they send letters out on the 9th. It's like everyone's trying not to pressurise me but actually are really bothered about it.
I don't think I've got an offer though. I screwed up one of my interviews and I didn't think the 90 minute test went amazingly. I just don't want to let everyone else down, and I feel like Cambridge is the only place where I'll really fit in...

lol my dad walks into my room and asks me everyday. and im like no mate not yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know when track will update?
Original post by Fawkesgirl33
I'm really stressed now. My mum keeps asking 'Do you know about Cambridge yet?' and I must have told her 50 times that they send letters out on the 9th. It's like everyone's trying not to pressurise me but actually are really bothered about it.
I don't think I've got an offer though. I screwed up one of my interviews and I didn't think the 90 minute test went amazingly. I just don't want to let everyone else down, and I feel like Cambridge is the only place where I'll really fit in...

You'll fit in wherever you go, that's one of the good things about being at university I guess, where everyone gets mixed up and there are so many more people. (Yes, I'm trying to convince myself of this as well).

And getting an offer or not really isn't about anyone else - it's your uni, it's your life! Feel like you could have done better for yourself, by all means (but not for too long), but don't give a second thought to what other people 'expect' you to do. You won't be letting them down, whatever happens :wink:
Reply 1423
Original post by ianna.andreea
Haha! I'm from abroad too, so that's the question I've been asking myself everyday this week. It will probably get in our countries by wednesday or thursday. What college did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm dying with the anxiety! I applied to Kings, how about you?
Original post by brookew1996
I live in NI too. Someone at my school got their letter from Oxford yesterday so fingers crossed we might get ours on Saturday! Monday is so far away...

Yea I know someone who got an Oxford offer yesterday, it's made me so much more impatient!
Are all the pool re-interviews given out now? If so , does that still mean we might have an offer at another college without being notified today or yesterday?
Original post by icamui1
Hello, may I ask you what course you applied for at LSE? :smile: I applied there for International Relations and haven't received any decision yet.

Bsc social policy - HSPS for Cam

The waiting is a pain though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1427
Original post by Chlorophile
Well given that 10 is the most commonly used base in western society I think it is less random.

Hmmm!
Made me smile!

:smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
You must have shown good promise! Which subject?

Well the director of bio NatSci at Emma was from my hometown so I'm putting it down to that haha! They did not go well... But yeah if you didn't guess bio NatSci :smile: best of luck for Saturday in that case then!
Original post by tangoone
York is cool too. But life is a big learning curve you just stumble through it dazed by the experience. Before you know it your thinking pensions and a country retreat. My advice would be to work hard in a field you really enjoy and pays well or gives you great satisfaction. Life itself is full of wealth, riches and great things, just get on and enjoy the ride!

Definitely brother. Although if the current government stays in power we'll be 80 before we can retire.
Original post by Poppyloufinch
Are all the pool re-interviews given out now? If so , does that still mean we might have an offer at another college without being notified today or yesterday?

Yes. Your decision letter could be an offer from a fishing college. It's not necessary to have another interview to get a pool offer, and most in the pool don't have an interview.
Original post by TVIO
Oh my god I ended a call I got in the middle of a lesson. Can he remember what number it was? I checked my calls and mine was 01536 or something (kettering?) but can't be too sure. Freaking out now...

Can't you look under "missed calls?"?
Original post by tomfailinghelp
He's a he :wink: But definitely entitled to my opinion, thank-you for saying!

Gosh, waiting for this is truly torturous. I'm so stuffed for my mocks as well :eek:

My bad! Not sure why I've always had you in my head as being a girl...There are a few philo girls in my year so maybe that's why :smile:

Urgh, my friends have science mocks this week too! Good luck. Waiting is a pain in the arse - out of the 10 people who applied from my year 3 were rejected pre-interview, 2 post-, one has an offer, and now us four are waiting. It's agonising. No ****ing way I'm going to be able to do my English essay. :tongue:
Original post by 1www1
great! physical or biological?
And good luck at your interview!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physical and thanks! Feel like I'm definitely going to need it!

I wish I knew how many people they were interviewing for the course from the pool so I had some idea of my chances :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
I was wondering whether someone could advise me on choosing my firm and insurance (although I have received two offers and one rejection so far) as you obviously know more about universities in the UK. :wink:
I applied for Philosophy to Cambridge (of course :smile: fearing rejection, though), Sheffield (offer), Warwick (offer), Edinburgh (still waiting) and LSE (Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method - rejected). I do not know how to order these universities because I love courses in all of them. Of course, I'll undoubtfully firm Cambridge but I don't know much about the others, i.e. I know as much as I was able to find using google and stuff but I prefer more personalised opinions.

What are your opinions on Warwick, Sheffield and Edinburgh? I will be grateful for any help as I'm from Poland and my friends know Oxbridge only (it's commonly believed that University of Cambridge is in London though).

Good luck on Saturday! :smile:
Is it safe... Now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are these threads so popular? In my opinion they are annoying...
Original post by Everythingstupid
What are you playing?

Shogun total war :P that and mini warriors on my phone at the same time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shoriffmiah
Why are these threads so popular? In my opinion they are annoying...

I've personally learnt a hell of a lot about the process through speaking to the people on here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flippi1
Bsc social policy - HSPS for Cam

The waiting is a pain though

Posted from TSR Mobile

LSE applicants :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending