It is because only pooled people might have heard so far
Original post by jneill
This thread needs a new title...

Cambridge Decisions 2015 - Doomsday? :tongue:
Original post by willjeffcott
It is because only pooled people might have heard so far

No the "one more week to go" bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've read several people know saying that they were rejected because they didn't seem confident in their interviews, which has **** me up really because one of mine I acted excessively nervously, though the other one wasn't so bad.

Good god this is absolutely torturous. They shouldn't put us through this the evil little bastards. I don't even want to go anyway, I quit! :tongue:
Original post by jchap9776
Feels like most people re interviewed have incredible ums which makes me worried about the standard of the people in the pool who will be getting straight offers!! Surely this must be very high?! Eg. 95+ums average w/ 7+ interview score?

But surely that's what's expected ... Those candidates that are re-interviewed tend to be ones that look great On paper but then perform much worse than expected at interview. (For various reasons)

There used to be a lot of documents online in regards to the winterpool but now you need to use CamSis log-in to access them. If I remember the just correctly ... Based on a candidates academic and interview results (and extenuating circumstances) interviewers are asked to place a candidate in 1 of a few categories. (Definite offer/rejection, re-interiew required for reasons above,and others I cannot remember :smile: )

I also remember there being documents from the university to the colleges outlining the 'protocol' for the pool. Basically say if two colleges express and interest in you (at the correct time period) college A willing to make direct offer and college B requiring a re-interview ... College A would take precedence (obviously a lot more details in documents ... Like if two colleges express interest to make an offer and no agreement can be made they have to flip a coin lol :biggrin: .. Think maybe summer pool though)

so if you are invited for re-interview, you chances are you won't be contacted with a direct offer ... Then again anything can happen :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Leopardman
Yeah I did for medicine, you?

I applied for Chemeng via Natsci :smile:

do you know if we're getting emails or if we have to request one?
Original post by tomfailinghelp
I've read several people know saying that they were rejected because they didn't seem confident in their interviews, which has **** me up really because one of mine I acted excessively nervously, though the other one wasn't so bad.

Good god this is absolutely torturous. They shouldn't put us through this the evil little bastards. I don't even want to go anyway, I quit! :tongue:

I ran 700m to my second interview so when I got there I was puffing quite a bit (my first interview ran late) I'm pretty sure the interviewers thought I was having a massive panic attack because of it so I really really hope that's not true :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChemPrince
I have no idea!! :'(
I emailed them but no reply..
Here in my country its takes way way more than that!
WHY THEY DOIN THIS???
I somehow hope for a miracle that they just email the reply tomo!!!

:frown:( idk .. I'm tempted to give them a call today..
Probably pretty safe to assume I'm not being reinterviewed at this point.

1.5 days until decisions
Mood: we shall not speak of it
Plans: Eat many chocolate
Original post by Hyperthy
But surely that's what's expected ... Those candidates that are re-interviewed tend to be ones that look great On paper but then perform much worse than expected at interview. (For various reasons)

There used to be a lot of documents online in regards to the winterpool but now you need to use CamSis log-in to access them. If I remember the just correctly ... Based on a candidates academic and interview results (and extenuating circumstances) interviewers are asked to place a candidate in 1 of a few categories. (Definite offer/rejection, re-interiew required for reasons above,and others I cannot remember :smile: )

I also remember there being documents from the university to the colleges outlining the 'protocol' for the pool. Basically say if two colleges express and interest in you (at the correct time period) college A willing to make direct offer and college B requiring a re-interview ... College A would take precedence (obviously a lot more details in documents ... Like if two colleges express interest to make an offer and no agreement can be made they have to flip a coin lol :biggrin: .. Think maybe summer pool though)

so if you are invited for re-interview, you chances are you won't be contacted with a direct offer ... Then again anything can happen :smile:

Ahh cheers, this has defo helped me to understand it a bit better :smile:
Original post by aersh8
I ran 700m to my second interview so when I got there I was puffing quite a bit (my first interview ran late) I'm pretty sure the interviewers thought I was having a massive panic attack because of it so I really really hope that's not true :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao! I'm sure they didn't mind that. I think it's just when nerves turn into missing questions or answering them incorrectly and stuff (which I did!).

I guess I can say now, that he asked me [details removed by moderator] I was like 'um.... uh... [details removed by moderator] ... uh ... sorry dude idk'. !

As long as nothing like that happened to you I reckon you're fine :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bookworm77
Thanks. I've applied for ASNaC!

A girl from my school is currently doing ASNaC at Queen's, first year - cool coincidence :biggrin:
What music will people blast out if they get an offer? Personally it's got to be Wiley - On A Level haha #bangingtune
Ahh cheers, this has defo helped me to understand it a bit better :smile:

Haha sorry about the essay ... Did a lot of research when I should have been preparing :smile: let me know if you have anymore questions ... See if I can help
What music will people blast out if they get an offer? Personally it's got to be Wiley - On A Level haha #bangingtune

I'm feeling Worried About Ray by The Hoosiers atm :tongue:
Original post by paradoxicalme
I'm feeling Worried About Ray by The Hoosiers atm :tongue:

Fair, that's an old school tune! 2007/2008? but good choice haha

Haha lol I will run outside and scream.

Posted from TSR Mobile

THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1VRRr8s3qE

Yes, I am homosexual.
Original post by Boo_Bear
:frown:( idk .. I'm tempted to give them a call today..

Lol don't it's 11:30pm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Awesome! Well, thanks to whoever is organizing this.

That would be CUSU Access with the Newnham JCR Access! I think it's a pretty good idea, particularly with the popularity of #OxTweet. Merton College seem to be the only ones doing it though! We're a bit different, as they have two or more students tweeting, whereas we will have only one so it gives a better insight.

I hope the initiative will prove popular! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending