Cambridge Decisions 2015 - info and FAQ Watch

This discussion is closed.
Protoxylic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So to be clear, they are sending out the letters today and they will be arriving tomorrow?
SaltedPeanuts
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by andywells)
Being able to login indicates an outright decision has been made i.e. an offer or a rejection; being unable to login indicates that a candidate has been pooled.
The theory was much discussed 3 years ago when my son was waiting for his decision, but it did not even hold then. He could not log in but received a straight offer.
jchap9776
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by physicsmaths)
mate im gna be waiting at the royal mail warehouse as its near my house and my neighbour works there lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's so jammy! Jel right here
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by phatlittlelemon)
But thats what applicants from previous years say tho so iunno
Correct. That's the process.

(Original post by Protoxylic)
So to be clear, they are sending out the letters today and they will be arriving tomorrow?
Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
mate im gna be waiting at the royal mail warehouse as its near my house and my neighbour works there lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Staff intercepting post is a sackable offence. But good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Davothebigafro
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good luck everyone, I've never been so scared in my life but the wait is nearly over and then we can move on in our lives
CheIIe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by phatlittlelemon)
Hey you from Australia too? Which state?
Melbourne VIC
Hyperthy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am. lol what is (well sort of) ? im curious haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha ... Well my parents are both Sikh and so I have been born a Sikh ... We Got to our temple every now and then but I'm not very religious and don't follow all parts of the religion .

I'd say that I'm a 'casual Sikh' ... The same way most people that say that they are Christian are 'casual Christians' lol
zordman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone which has applied to Jesus College able to log into Jnet?
Thanks.
User1255194
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jchap9776)
Tbf that's a great choice! Lots of dancing to that one I'm sure haha
Haha yeah, it's always played at Chelsea when I go and I do love a bit of ska

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One more week...? Nope, one more DAY!

Good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
phatlittlelemon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CheIIe)
Melbourne VIC
Did you have your interview in Melbourne or Sydney? Cus if you were in Sydney I might've seen you Also, do you mind if I ask for your ATAR? Just out of curiosity haha
physicsmaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jneill)
Staff intercepting post is a sackable offence. But good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I asked him this morning but he ain't got a shift so I'm gna have to wait till tmmrw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I asked him this morning but he ain't got a shift so I'm gna have to wait till tmmrw!
Ha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
michaelba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone else freaking! Never been more nervous...
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just a quick reminder, folks - please don't discuss any specific details of your interviews - remember that you signed up to a confidentiality clause on this point!
ianna.andreea
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CheIIe)
I was behaving way over-confident, kept laughing and smiling hysterically and God knows i was nervous as...
The questions were really general but I actually know some contextual and historical knowledge and wish to convey some of my opinions in my interview But yeah all of my interviewees are really nice and encouraging, so I have no idea how exactly they thought of me.
My portfolio is half 2D and half 3D. i don't really have any decent architecture drawings so i guess my rejection would be justified.
What about you? What was the interview like? Thought it might vary from college to college.
My interviewees were also smiley and encouraging, so I decided that smile is the new poker face. I was partially relaxed because I got to spend time with students and recieve advice the night before. In the first interview I basically felt my brain frying and I had to say I don't know a couple of times and I even went blank once. There were thinking questions. The second interview was really okay, I recovered my speaking fluence and I just had to present my portfolio and speak about my passion. I only had an A3 portfolio, mostly with 3D work such as sculptures or projects and two sketchbooks to show the process behind the works I presented. And of course, as anyone else I am almost certain I will not be accepted. I said 'omg' in front of my interviewee in the first interview and I made a lot of mistakes.
bored565
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know what to do...
Nostr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ianna.andreea)
My interviewees were also smiley and encouraging, so I decided that smile is the new poker face. I was partially relaxed because I got to spend time with students and recieve advice the night before. In the first interview I basically felt my brain frying and I had to say I don't know a couple of times and I even went blank once. There were thinking questions. The second interview was really okay, I recovered my speaking fluence and I just had to present my portfolio and speak about my passion. I only had an A3 portfolio, mostly with 3D work such as sculptures or projects and two sketchbooks to show the process behind the works I presented. And of course, as anyone else I am almost certain I will not be accepted. I said 'omg' in front of my interviewee in the first interview and I made a lot of mistakes.
I know exactly what you mean. I was so nervous that I made a mistake along the lines of 2x3=18
ChemPrince
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zordman)
Is anyone which has applied to Jesus College able to log into Jnet?
Thanks.
.. I applied to Jesus but I didn't get anything related to Jnet :O

Maybe cause I had an overseas interview..

What did u use the Jnet for thou?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (112)
58.64%
No (79)
41.36%

Watched Threads