Any Advice? Watch

Amy. J S
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

This may seem pretty self-explanatory, I understand what would happen I just wanted to see if anybody had experienced this.
I have my mocks for GCSE on Tuesday- the exams are being taken at a hired building (a hotel) where the real examinations will take place in May/ June. Since Wednesday/Thursday I have developed a dental abscess under my tooth. My face is swollen and am on regular painkillers. Cut a long story short, can't get to my regular dentist until Monday (tried Walk-in Centres but has panned out right). My mock is, of course, the day after. I'm unsure if antibiotics will help in just 24 hours. I have to be there all day too, as I have a huge break between them both.

The Question: What happens if you miss your mocks? I could provide a doctor's note, but what will happen for predicted grades etc?

I know I need to ring my college up personally, I was just wondering if anybody had experienced something similar.

Thanks!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You need to talk to your teacher. It will depend whether you take the exams and do badly, or if you don't attempt them at all. It also depends how crucial your mocks are when deciding predictions (and what you need the predictions for) - your school may realise that students get nervous, so might also use class work and teacher input when deciding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amy. J S
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
You need to talk to your teacher. It will depend whether you take the exams and do badly, or if you don't attempt them at all. It also depends how crucial your mocks are when deciding predictions (and what you need the predictions for) - your school may realise that students get nervous, so might also use class work and teacher input when deciding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, that is what I assumed. We do end-of-unit test after every topic, which gives tutors an overall (along with mocks) of a student progress and predicted academic achievement. So if I cannot attend these mocks, they still have a general idea of my aptitude/ It isn't for definite that I won't be attending- I am still revising in VERY small chunks. I just wanted to hear if anybody had experienced something similar, if it does come to it.

Thanks for getting back, anyway!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amy. J S)
Yeah, that is what I assumed. We do end-of-unit test after every topic, which gives tutors an overall (along with mocks) of a student progress and predicted academic achievement. So if I cannot attend these mocks, they still have a general idea of my aptitude/ It isn't for definite that I won't be attending- I am still revising in VERY small chunks. I just wanted to hear if anybody had experienced something similar, if it does come to it.

Thanks for getting back, anyway!
If you can take the mocks, you'll still get the experience of taking exams. It will just be little things like knowing where to go ( both inside the building and on the way there), and knowing what to expect from the invigilators. So it will benefit you, even if you can't focus on the paper and don't get good marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads