Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On the website it says I can bring my parents. but I don't really want to bring my parents if no-one else is. Are you bringing your parents on the applicant day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainshadow)
    On the website it says I can bring my parents. but I don't really want to bring my parents if no-one else is. Are you bringing your parents on the applicant day?
    It's very common, you definitley wont be the only one

ReputationRep:
    I'm bringing my mum (seeing as she's paying for the journey there and back/hotel), but it's not compulsory to bring anyone with you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going with my boyfriend who is a current student there

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going with my daughter on applicants day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I work applicant days, honestly there are more people there who have their parents (or their whole entire family brothers and sisters and all!) compared to people who come alone. Don't worry There are also separate talks that are catered to parents during the day, at least there are in Science, not sure about other faculties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makingamemory)
    I work applicant days, honestly there are more people there who have their parents (or their whole entire family brothers and sisters and all!) compared to people who come alone. Don't worry There are also separate talks that are catered to parents during the day, at least there are in Science, not sure about other faculties.
    Than you for your help everyone!

We've decided that my parents will enjoy a day in Norwich until 2.15 when they will come in for the parent talks, leaving me to go to my student talks alone.

ReputationRep:
    Than you for your help everyone!

We've decided that my parents will enjoy a day in Norwich until 2.15 when they will come in for the parent talks, leaving me to go to my student talks alone.

I'm a student guide at the open days- for the most part it is with parents then you separate for a talk

it's more common than not to bring parents

hope you enjoy the day!

ReputationRep:
    I'm bringing my Dad

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.