The Student Room Group

Where do you look when you're on the tube?

I pretend to look at my phone when theres no signal or stare hard at the map/adverts opposite me. Anything to avoid 'the awkward gaze' between the person/people in front of you :lol:

Scroll to see replies

I have this problem when I sit at the back of the bus...
out the window, at my phone, dead ahead or just openly check people out.
Original post by Secretnerd123
I pretend to look at my phone when theres no signal or stare hard at the map/adverts opposite me. Anything to avoid 'the awkward gaze' between the person/people in front of you :lol:

Stare at the person opposite you, do not break eye contact and establish dominance.
At my phone, get out a book, at the tube map, at my iPod. I really hate it when people stare on the tube though so sometimes I just stare right back :hmmm:

This. I'm sure everyone knows I have no signal and am just doing it because I'm awkward!
At as many different pairs of tits as possible. Another favourite pass time is to blow kisses at guys on other tube trains on the other platform. Asian and black guys seem to get enraged to the point of frothing at their mouth.
Original post by Chlorophile
Stare at the person opposite you, do not break eye contact and establish dominance.

I wish I could say I've never done that:cool:
Original post by Huskaris
At as many different pairs of tits as possible. Another favourite pass time is to blow kisses at guys on other tube trains on the other platform. Asian and black guys seem to get enraged to the point of frothing at their mouth.

lmao huskaris man. sometimes i stare out the geezers on the platform just to watch them get irate as i pull away.
I know this probably marks me out as weird, but I actually try to catch people's eye some of the time and exchange smiles, where safe to do so. :teehee:

I think maybe it's just because it's so very boring on the tube, so when it's not too massively crowded, I like to check other people out. Peeps are interesting. :yeah:
Hot men in suits! !!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by white boy
lmao huskaris man. sometimes i stare out the geezers on the platform just to watch them get irate as i pull away.

Nothing better. So fun winding people up on the underground!
At my book. When no time / space for that, I enjoy staring at suited men's ankles :cool:
Original post by fabulasmic
This. I'm sure everyone knows I have no signal and am just doing it because I'm awkward!

Hahahaha you and me both!
Original post by fudgecake22
Hot men in suits! !!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Say no more :teehee:
Reply 15
just at my phone out the window or at the people i catch staring at me or simply the floor

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the tupe map above the window, even though I know where i'm going. Or at people's shoes. Anything to avoid eye contact. Sometimes you do accidentally lock eyes with someone a few times and its so awkward.
I usually kind of look blankly past/above people, so they often at first think I'm staring at them. Then again, I've also broken tube-etiquette by talking to people :tongue:

Peoples shoes :P only if they're not looking though.
Usually downwards, and up every now and then so I don't look like a statue
Reply 19
I pretend I have no idea where I am so I "focus" on the maps above :colondollar: The worst is when you're on the train in rush-hour and you have to stand. It's hard not to give eye-contact since they're pretty much in your face.

Quick Reply

Latest