The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
id call it an alcopop belly i dont drink beer!
Reply 21
edu
weight training tends to build up muscle more, I was thinking more from the girl perspective where swimming would be more favourable to weight training.

In terms of overall fitness, it is preferable. In terms of what she's looking to do, i.e. to gain muscular definition, weight training is far superior.
littlemisssarah
My diet is very healthy and well balanced the only reason i got a bit of a stomach is through from drinking and going out all summer clubbing. So go on then explain how i can do these crunches? x

Unfortunately you can't explain that to your body. It will work in the way that it will, and alcohol has 7 calories per gram (compared to 4 per gram for carbs and protein, and 9 per gram for fat).

Doing a lot of drinking will be giving you a LOT of unwanted calories, and you can't explain to your body that it's only booze, and not food.
squirly
so you want to work off your beer belly by doing crunches? good luck..

DAMN good luck.
littlemisssarah
id call it an alcopop belly i dont drink beer!

I bet alcopops are worse than beer, the amount of sugar they have in them.
Reply 22
yeah they have a high amount of calories ive cut down on my drinking recently which will help my body as well as my purse! so i need to do a special type of crunches then?
Reply 23
littlemisssarah
yeah they have a high amount of calories ive cut down on my drinking recently which will help my body as well as my purse! so i need to do a special type of crunches then?

Well, assuming your diet is good and you're cutting down on drinking (not sure how much you drink and how much you'll need to cut down, but cutting down is a good start) then any exercises you do will be a good thing, and pretty secondary.

Just do as many types of crunches as you can (not all in one session). Keep varying them to work your abs and obliques from different angles and with different ways of resistance.
Reply 24
Im a bit of a lightwieght anyway so ill say i was drinking on a friday night about 8-9 alcopops and a few vodka and cokes! eek ive cut down loads as ive not been going out as much clubbing. yeah how long till i will see results if i did them everyday? x
Reply 25
Depends on your metabolism and your diet, but it could be anything from about 3 days to weeks.
Reply 26
thanks where do i find otu how to do these crunches should i just type it into google? or does any1 know any good websites? x
Reply 27
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com

Click on exercises and then slide show exercises.
Reply 28
Lieing on your back, with your hands behind your head and your knees up (standardish sit up position) raise your left knee and using your abdominals to raise your body to try and touch your right elbow to your left knee (Right oblique crunch.) Do the same to the other side of your body.

Put your legs in the air (kinda sitting down shape but on you back) with your hands under your arse. using your abdominals pull your legs into your chest and relax. Dont put any pressure on your lower back at all. (reverse crunch)

just two helpful ones.
Reply 29
I bet alcopops are worse than beer, the amount of sugar they have in them.

Yes, Alcopops have mroe calories....
Reply 30
thank you! x
Reply 31
Abs are made in the kitchen, innit.

aka listen to Guffy.

Latest

Trending

Trending