Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    id call it an alcopop belly i dont drink beer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edu)
    weight training tends to build up muscle more, I was thinking more from the girl perspective where swimming would be more favourable to weight training.
    In terms of overall fitness, it is preferable. In terms of what she's looking to do, i.e. to gain muscular definition, weight training is far superior.
    (Original post by littlemisssarah)
    My diet is very healthy and well balanced the only reason i got a bit of a stomach is through from drinking and going out all summer clubbing. So go on then explain how i can do these crunches? x
    Unfortunately you can't explain that to your body. It will work in the way that it will, and alcohol has 7 calories per gram (compared to 4 per gram for carbs and protein, and 9 per gram for fat).

Doing a lot of drinking will be giving you a LOT of unwanted calories, and you can't explain to your body that it's only booze, and not food.
    (Original post by squirly)
    so you want to work off your beer belly by doing crunches? good luck..
    DAMN good luck.
    id call it an alcopop belly i dont drink beer!
    I bet alcopops are worse than beer, the amount of sugar they have in them.

ReputationRep:
    yeah they have a high amount of calories ive cut down on my drinking recently which will help my body as well as my purse! so i need to do a special type of crunches then?

ReputationRep:
    yeah they have a high amount of calories ive cut down on my drinking recently which will help my body as well as my purse! so i need to do a special type of crunches then?
    Well, assuming your diet is good and you're cutting down on drinking (not sure how much you drink and how much you'll need to cut down, but cutting down is a good start) then any exercises you do will be a good thing, and pretty secondary.

Just do as many types of crunches as you can (not all in one session). Keep varying them to work your abs and obliques from different angles and with different ways of resistance.

ReputationRep:
    Im a bit of a lightwieght anyway so ill say i was drinking on a friday night about 8-9 alcopops and a few vodka and cokes! eek ive cut down loads as ive not been going out as much clubbing. yeah how long till i will see results if i did them everyday? x

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your metabolism and your diet, but it could be anything from about 3 days to weeks.

ReputationRep:
    thanks where do i find otu how to do these crunches should i just type it into google? or does any1 know any good websites? x

ReputationRep:
    http://www.abcbodybuilding.com

Click on exercises and then slide show exercises.

ReputationRep:
    Lieing on your back, with your hands behind your head and your knees up (standardish sit up position) raise your left knee and using your abdominals to raise your body to try and touch your right elbow to your left knee (Right oblique crunch.) Do the same to the other side of your body.

Put your legs in the air (kinda sitting down shape but on you back) with your hands under your arse. using your abdominals pull your legs into your chest and relax. Dont put any pressure on your lower back at all. (reverse crunch)

just two helpful ones.

ReputationRep:
    I bet alcopops are worse than beer, the amount of sugar they have in them.
    Yes, Alcopops have mroe calories....

ReputationRep:
    thank you! x

ReputationRep:
    Abs are made in the kitchen, innit.

aka listen to Guffy.

ReputationRep:
    http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises.htm

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.