Turn on thread page Beta

OCR A2 G673 June 2015 Power & Control: The Sociology of Crime & Deviance watch

ReputationRep:
    New thread for anyone studying OCR A2 Sociology - G673 Power & Control: The Sociology of Crime & Deviance for the exam in June 2015.

Discuss, ask questions, share opinions/analysis/information and predicted questions about the exam here.

P.s.
    Thread for OCR A2 Sociology - G674 Exploring Social Inequality and Difference for June 2015 is here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3055783

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any exam question predictions?
    Revision techniques?

ReputationRep:
    i was told by my teacher that age, policies and media are very likely to come up in g673.. patterns and trends, social class and official crime stats maybe as well but more so the first three

ReputationRep:
    Predictions from my teacher- hope it helps!

The following questions have either never appeared before or haven't appeared for a long time on the G673 Crime paper;
    Right realist solutions/general solutions question
    Right realist explanations/ Realist explanations
    Self report surveys/ all ways of measuring crime/ official statistics
    Age and crime
    Subcultural explanations
    Role of the media in the social construction of crime
    Marxist explanations (but there was a general social class question last year)
    Ethnicity and victims (although there has been a recent general victims question)
    Police as an agent of social control (but again, there was a question last year about the law being used to oppress)
    Neo Marxist explanations

ReputationRep:
    Failed the first question.

ReputationRep:
    how did u guys find it?? found the second question a bit weird

ReputationRep:
    Didn't like Feminist views, Realism was fine, identified that the second question was social construction but I thought I was stronger on gender so did feminism. Doubting myself now

ReputationRep:
    what did people include for feminism question?

ReputationRep:
    So I was totally preparing for realism, ethnicity and victim surveys, so 1 out of 3 I guess? But I did Feminism in the end because I spent loads of time in the year doing it and have so much on it but barely revised it coming up to the exam so totally forgot about Campbell's self report study for example, and ran out of time to write about the postmodern explanation of male crime: katz, lyng and messerschmidt etc.

But I was just wondering how many paragraphs, theories and studies (roughly) people used. I usually like to have 6 main paragraphs, 3 on the theory in the question and 3 conflicting theories. However I just about managed to scrape Pollack in the end in a few sentences as my final paragraph which then turned into my conclusion, and I only managed 5 realist solutions paragraphs with no time for a planned final paragraph on feminist solutions.
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who ran out of time and didn't get as much in as they'd like?

I also probably focussed way too much on female crime for the feminist question (at least in their explanation) becuase I couldn't think of a feminist that looked at male crime or said they were for the same reasons etc, anoyone else?

Thanks guys Fingers crossed for Thursday!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.