This discussion is closed.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Anyone else taking P6 on Monday?

I like P6, so hopefully it will be fine. At least we've got P4 as a warm-up exercise beforehand.

Good luck to all taking either of these on Monday.

Regards,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hey richard, i was just wondering what uni you going to. It must be cambridge with the a-levels your doing and the fact that your amazing at maths would suggest maths or maybe compsci?? Anyway good luck on P6 (got a year to wait till mine) and good luck everyone else

Regards,

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I've got P6 and P4 tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to polar coordinates in P4 or vectors in P6.
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey got p6 on monday. did p4 last year. got 94% , not bad at all. have to revise p6. still dont get some of the transformations in the complex numbers and some proof by inductions. but i dont need to worry.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hey richard, i was just wondering what uni you going to. It must be cambridge with the a-levels your doing and the fact that your amazing at maths would suggest maths or maybe compsci?? Anyway good luck on P6 (got a year to wait till mine) and good luck everyone else

Regards,

Phil
No, I'm off to Imperial College London grades dependent to do Maths with Comp. Sci (MSci).

Thanks for the good luck wish!

Regards,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Not me, but I've got P4 tomorrow.
theboyberman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yup. i'm in for p6 tomorrow.

any last minute tips anyone? ( I know thats a stupid thing to ask)

Anyone else doing m4 edexcel on weds?

Rich
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by theboyberman
Yup. i'm in for p6 tomorrow.

any last minute tips anyone? ( I know thats a stupid thing to ask)

Anyone else doing m4 edexcel on weds?

Rich
I see there being a big induction question and perhaps a big vectors question (knowing my luck!).
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am quite relaxed about big vector question, worried about induction and some complex number transformations
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Jus P4 for me, reallly finding it hard to learn stuff now, since the end is just in sight ...

Rob
Rob
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
^^ post by me .. just noticed, there really is no "login" button, or one that I can see anywhere!
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well in that case, can somebody explain how to do this then.

T = (x - yi)/(x + yi), where x,y,TER

Show that:

(1 + T^2)/2T = (x^2 - y^2)/(x^2 + y^2)

I started by applying the conjugate to the bottom of T, so I had a real denominator. I get:

(x-yi)^2/(x^2 + y^2)

Any hints? This question is a biatch.

Regards,
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What sort of vector methods could they ask? Eg distance between a point and a plane, line of intersection between two plabnes etc....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads