So tired after work, what might help? Watch

flutterby-x303
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I am now in my second week of my cafe job. I currently work weekends but last weekend I only did Saturday. This week I am doing both Saturday and Sunday.

It's a cafe job and I haven't been trained on the till or coffee machine yet so I am constantly rushing around clearing tables and delivering food to tables. I do really like my job but I finished today and just felt soooo tired!

I work 10-5:30 and I only get a 20 minute lunch break. I am not complaining and maybe it will just take time to get used to it, but does anyone have any tips to keep up my stamina during the day and how to keep alert after the shift. I am home now and feel so tired I could fall asleep. I don't want to feel like this every time!

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shorty94
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by flutterby-x303)
So I am now in my second week of my cafe job. I currently work weekends but last weekend I only did Saturday. This week I am doing both Saturday and Sunday.

It's a cafe job and I haven't been trained on the till or coffee machine yet so I am constantly rushing around clearing tables and delivering food to tables. I do really like my job but I finished today and just felt soooo tired!

I work 10-5:30 and I only get a 20 minute lunch break. I am not complaining and maybe it will just take time to get used to it, but does anyone have any tips to keep up my stamina during the day and how to keep alert after the shift. I am home now and feel so tired I could fall asleep. I don't want to feel like this every time!

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You need to get a grip.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
either

I) tons of relaxation time (sitting down)-warning: may make you fat/skinny-fat

or

ii) improve fitness (stamina esp.) for ability to work harder for longer-cardio

mentally I would recommend meditation: a good album for after the horrendous shifts to channel your inner chi-Zen Garden
Tw1x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If it is your first job I would say you will get used to it. I remember my first ever shift on my first proper job at 16. I did a 9 hour shift and afterwards I cried when I got home because my feet were burning so much haha. Now, I can do 12 hour shifts easy. It just takes time to get used to working and being on your feet.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Make sure you get enough sleep. Eat properly, and have a balanced diet so you're not lacking in any vitamins - certain deficiencies can make you tired

Posted from TSR Mobile
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you will get used to it make sure you eat a good breakfast and lunch when working to keep your energy levels up

when you leave work try and do some things for yourself rather than just sit watching TV mindlessly as this will make you feel you've had more of a rest rather than got home, gone to bed and gone back to work

personally I found some exercise reviving after long shifts where I'd been on my feet all day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed