Still writing my reference!!!? Watch

trias1995
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is this normal!? for my college to STILL be writing a reference for the whole class? i have a feeling they're leaving it to the last min and im worried about it impacting my chances.. ughh

should it still be reading this?

Attached files
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If your completed application reaches UCAS before the deadline then it will receive 'equal consideration' from the Unis you are applying to.
You are therefore no disadvantaged by applying 1 day before the deadline rather than last November.

It is a good idea if your referee can complete your reference as soon as possible - simply because the UCAS site will get clogged with last minute applications in the day or so before the deadline. Once you are back at college, check progress with your referee, and in particular make sure that they are aware of the UCAS deadline.
trias1995
Rep:
?
I will do that, thank you although i dont agree with the "equal consideration", if that was the case then why do some people already have offers :/
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trias1995)
I will do that, thank you although i dont agree with the "equal consideration", if that was the case then why do some people already have offers :/
Read this:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post50430853
trias1995
Rep:
?
Thank you very much for that, i haven't seen that post before and i hadn't thought about the advantages of not firming so soon
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you very much for that, i haven't seen that post before and i hadn't thought about the advantages of not firming so soon
I keep thinking about stickying it. Maybe I should.
trias1995
Rep:
?
Yeah i would, its very helpful, i just linked it in the group chat to everyone on my course on FB as everyone is a little naturally concerned about it not being with the university yet.
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah i would, its very helpful, i just linked it in the group chat to everyone on my course on FB as everyone is a little naturally concerned about it not being with the university yet.
Well, this sticky does the same job:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2911711
trias1995
Rep:
?
i suppose however it hammered it home having the person from the Russel group university put it all up there in plain bullet points
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i suppose however it hammered it home having the person from the Russel group university put it all up there in plain bullet points
Yes, returnmigrant and PQ have a way of getting the message across.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (757)
80.36%
Leave (185)
19.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise