The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Men want virgins to marry. Let me explain please.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
The level of analytical and thinking skills displayed on this thread, she might as well have just finished primary school as far as I'm concerned.

You don't agree with me. No p. Can you just stop insulting me because my train of thought is different from yours. From your first comment you have dismissed me as some stupid person who does as everybody says she should do. I have my own personal beliefs and I will stick by them
Reply 201
Original post by jazjaz
I am the only one who thinks hymen hunting is creepy and well just a bit sick? Nothing wrong with being with a virgin but actually actively seeking one out... Hmmm....

Plus there's not just virgins and whores... There's everything between. There's women who lost their 'virginity' against their will. And there's the tricky definition of virgin. I have known plenty of women (yes including Nigerian) 'saving myself for marriage' who do anal and oral as a substitute. I already had 3 sexual partners before I 'lost' my 'virginity'. Not every virgin as a pure as you may think. Hell not every virgin is a virgin have you any idea how many people lie? How many 'virgins' really walk down that aisle?

And about the whole why are women in a hurry? Well likewise why be so thirsty and in such a hurry to marry? I have seen these poor women holding out wreaking of desperation like their whole life depends on it all they talk about is marriage and then they end up getting married prematurely. Contracted to a man they barely know.. Surely rushing into marriage is worse than rushing into bed. Well that's just my opinion. I know your dad made the original statements.

Agreed. Little miss virginity may just be driven to cheat in the end as she has been deprived of good loving her entire life. Karma, baby.

Just because my husband may be a virgin and not be experienced will not make me stoop so low as to go looking for pleasure outside the union of marriage. Sheesh
Yay, sexism!

Virginity is not a value. It doesn't make me dirty or a bad person because I've had sex.

I will sleep with whom I please and sleep with how ever many people I desire. It's my body and I can do what I like with it.

Anyone who has a problem with this frankly isn't worth my time.

If you want to stay a virgin by all means do so, there's nothing wrong with that! But do it because it's your choice, not because it's been ingrained into by society!
What happens to girls who were raped?
Original post by Ekemini
The union formed at the altar. When the priest says you are now husband and wife. The union has been formed in God's presence the way he wants it. It Is God's( I am a Christian) commandment that you should remain a virgin It shows that you have not fornicated.

But God is omnipotent, any union formed is by definition formed in his presence, he does not only see what happens within the four walls of a church.

If God can hear anyone's prayer no matter their location, how come he can only hear wedding vows when spoken in a church? That makes no sense.
Reply 205
Original post by Le Nombre
But God is omnipotent, any union formed is by definition formed in his presence, he does not only see what happens within the four walls of a church.

If God can hear anyone's prayer no matter their location, how come he can only hear wedding vows when spoken in a church? That makes no sense.

[h="3"]Leviticus 21:13-14 ESV / 27 helpful votes[/h] And he shall take a wife in her virginity. A widow, or a divorced woman, or a woman who has been defiled, or a prostitute, these he shall not marry. But he shall take as his wife a virgin of his own people,

[h="3"]Hebrews 13:4 ESV / 28 helpful votes[/h] Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

[h="3"]1 Thessalonians 4:3-4 ESV / 76 helpful votes[/h] For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor.

God wants the woman AND the man to remain virgins till marriage. if you are not he makes it clear he still loves you and expects that you ask him for wisdom and advice if you choose to marry a non virgin

Christians believe that marriage is a gift from God, one that should not be taken for granted. It is the right atmosphere to engage in sexual relations and to build a family life. Getting married in a church, in front of God, is very important.
A marriage is a public declaration of love and commitment. This declaration is made in front of friends and family in a church ceremony.(http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/ritesrituals/weddings_1.shtml)
Reply 206
Original post by Pro_crastinator
What happens to girls who were raped?

God knows that and understands that. He loves virgins and non-virgins. Though it is important for both parties to abstain from sexual immoraility

Deuteromy 22vs 25-26 But if in the field the man finds the girl who is engaged, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lies with her shall die. 26"But you shall do nothing to the girl; there is no sin in the girl worthy of death, for just as a man rises against his neighbor and murders him, so is this case
Engaged could also mean virgin
Reply 207

"that marriage in biblical times was more a legal agreement between the parents of a young man and woman than an emotional and independent covenant made by the young couple themselves"

I don't think God really put much emphasis on marrying in a church

"It was based on certain conditions recorded in the written text of the covenant (explained in Exodus 20 to 23 inclusively). Those four chapters represent the terms by which God would meet his obligations to His bride (Israel). The "marriage" was sealed and made officially legal by the sacrifice of an animal (that is, once Israel as the woman finally agreed to the contract put before "her" by Yahweh). The blood was sprinkled upon the documents of the contract (Exo. 24:3-8). Both parties of the commitment agreed to be faithful to one another for life and to honor all the written text of the covenant. As with any human contract, the terms could not change unless both parties agreed to an alteration."
Reply 208

http://family.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26434/~/a-christian-view-of-civil-marriage

Please read this.
Reply 209
Original post by battycatlady
Yay, sexism!

Virginity is not a value. It doesn't make me dirty or a bad person because I've had sex.

I will sleep with whom I please and sleep with how ever many people I desire. It's my body and I can do what I like with it.

If you want to stay a virgin by all means do so, there's nothing wrong with that! But do it because it's your choice, not because it's been ingrained into by society!

It is the society that views non virgins as dirty especially those they know are promiscuous. I am a Christian so I follow what I see in the bible not what society tells me to do. Yes God wants both the men and women to be virgins till marriage but he doesn't hold it against you if you are not
Reply 210
Original post by skunkboy
I wouldn't be surprised if most of immigrants from Africa are Nigerian females.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does that have to do with anything
Reply 211
Original post by Josb
But if you husband is a poor sex-lover, you'll be stuck with him for the rest of your life. Your life will be sad. It's just your choice.

People grow and learn. He could get better as time progresses
Reply 212
Original post by Illegal Algebra
Double standards flying all over the place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please explain
Reply 213
Original post by Emaemmaemily
From what you have said, it is not prostitutes but normal women (like a woman you described who was getting married and men were bragging about having slept with her).

You haven't answered with any logic though. Either you think BOTH sexes should save themselves for marriage, or you admit there is no reason to do so.
There is no logical reason to have one rule for one sex and a different rule for the other.

I am Christian and in the bible both male and female are expected to remain virgins and I think so too. Its just that where I live nobody will blow a gasket if the boy isn't a virgin that's all I am saying
Reply 214
Original post by mystery77
Both the man and woman should wait until marriage, it's wrong when they say the girl should be ashamed but they are sleeping around!

I know right
Original post by battycatlady
Yay, sexism!

agree with you 100 % girl. This is 2015, jesus.
Original post by Ekemini
I personally think both that man and woman should remain virgins, You know, discover the new experience together. I think its even more romantic

That's a better perspective, it should be both or neither.

Original post by Ekemini
I am Christian and in the bible both male and female are expected to remain virgins and I think so too. Its just that where I live nobody will blow a gasket if the boy isn't a virgin that's all I am saying

I know you're saying that. And because of that, your society is sexist, hypocritical and wrong in this respect.

That seems to say you can get married wherever provided you do so in the spirit of christ...

Also, legally you cannot alter the contract of marriage, it's laid down by statute.
Reply 218
Original post by Emaemmaemily
That's a better perspective, it should be both or neither.

I know you're saying that. And because of that, your society is sexist, hypocritical and wrong in this respect.

Yeah I see that. It can be pretty confusing at times
Reply 219
That seems to say you can get married wherever provided you do so in the spirit of christ...

Also, legally you cannot alter the contract of marriage, it's laid down by statute.

Exactly. You don't have to be married in church for God to recognise your commitments. Lord knows though, its not every time I understand what is written in the bible

Latest

Trending

Trending