Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am in year 12, currently studying English Lit, Maths (stats), psychology and law. I was wondering if LSE prefers it if students haven't studied law before (some unis do), on their website they say they do not see it as an advantage but I know some unis would rather have students with no knowledge of law, so they can start from scratch. Does anyone have any advice/or know anything about this? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ah I've just read on their website, it's under their 'non-preferred subjects'. Does this mean I should drop Law? I was planning on dropping English Lit this year. Are my subjects really to nontraditional??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel2015)
    Ah I've just read on their website, it's under their 'non-preferred subjects'. Does this mean I should drop Law? I was planning on dropping English Lit this year. Are my subjects really to nontraditional??
    Personally I would recommend dropping psychology/law at the end of this year, both are non facilitating subjects and so could give you a disadvantage when applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm aiming for AAAA this year (90 UMS +) and A*A*A* next year, I was planning on dropping English lit as it's such an unreliable subject but now I'm reconsidering. I know the acceptance rate for law at LSE is 6.3% which is absolutely terrifying. Any other tips except for a bomb personal statement, what type of work experience should I do, seeing as they dislike A Level Law would they also dislike Law work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel2015)
    I'm aiming for AAAA this year (90 UMS +) and A*A*A* next year, I was planning on dropping English lit as it's such an unreliable subject but now I'm reconsidering. I know the acceptance rate for law at LSE is 6.3% which is absolutely terrifying. Any other tips except for a bomb personal statement, what type of work experience should I do, seeing as they dislike A Level Law would they also dislike Law work experience?
    Anything law related will help. Read books, find work experience in places where it is related, focus on your work and expand what you know. Universities look for two things principally : aptitude in the subject + interest in the subject. You have much time to do well in both of these :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 3, 2015
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.