Flying Cookie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone,

Once again I have made a request video on stuff about photosynthesis that is interesting, may earn you more marks in the exams, and isn't in the spec/won't be taught at school! I hope you enjoy it.

Summary

1. Quantum physics is at the heart of photosynthesis - find out why

2. Has there always been oxygen?

3. How important is photosynthesis really to life on Earth?

username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

1. Most of the ATP produced is produced as a result of electrons changing quantised energy states within the electron carriers.
2. No, oxygen is only produced in the late stages of stars.
3. It is very important to most organisms, but there are alternatives such as chemoautotrophs.
Flying Cookie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by morgan8002)
Spoiler:
Show

1. Most of the ATP produced is produced as a result of electrons changing quantised energy states within the electron carriers.
2. No, oxygen is only produced in the late stages of stars.
3. It is very important to most organisms, but there are alternatives such as chemoautotrophs.
Hahahaha yes indeed!

About 2., I see you brought it straight back to physics! I meant "oxygen" as in the dioxygen O2 in the atmosphere rather than the element oxygen at all, although of course for O2 to exist, O has to first :lol:

Fair point in 1., but quantum physics comes sooner in the process, at the stage of actually making those electrons available to the ETC with the initial energy from photons in light.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (28)
24.35%
Unhappy (34)
29.57%
Conflicted (53)
46.09%

Watched Threads