Public law help

Watch this thread
JaidaGordon
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hey...

can anyone help me to understand this question and what it requires me to write about?

discuss the extent to which ' the absence of judicial authority to disapply primary legislation that is contrary to Rule of Law does not mean that the rule of law has no influence on legislation'

its an outline essay and I have no idea what I am meant to be arguing about !
thewagwag
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
" (1) the absence of judicial authority to disapply primary legislation (2) that is contrary to Rule of Law (3) does not mean that the rule of law has no influence on legislation"

So. (1) courts must enforce primary legislation (2) no matter what it says (eg Apartheid) (3) but the rule of law still has an influence on legislation.
JaidaGordon
Rep:
hi,

Thanks for your reply. so basically i need to argue whether the rule of law has an impact on legislation?

been out of education for two years so extremely rusty lol
JaidaGordon
Rep:
(Original post by thewagwag)
" (1) the absence of judicial authority to disapply primary legislation (2) that is contrary to Rule of Law (3) does not mean that the rule of law has no influence on legislation"

So. (1) courts must enforce primary legislation (2) no matter what it says (eg Apartheid) (3) but the rule of law still has an influence on legislation.
hi,

Thanks for your reply. so basically i need to argue whether the rule of law has an impact on legislation?

thewagwag
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JaidaGordon)
hi,

Tht's what i think it means yeah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads