The Student Room Group

A2 English Language Coursework HELP

Hiya,

I am doing my A2 English Language 'Language Investigation' coursework but I have no idea where to start. I was thinking of maybe doing child language acquisition.
Any ideas/help from those who have previously done it would be great!

Reply 1
I know a few people in my class who are going from an acquisition POV - one's comparing children's books, another took transcripts from her younger cousins and is comparing those (like in the exam).
Basically trying to prove a ton of acquisiton theorists. - do some research, I'm sure you'll find a ton of stuff you'll find interesting and want to explore more!
On the other hand, I'm comparing some podcasts with different gendered speakers and comparing male & female group conversation. My friend is actually doing language change; comparing different wedding vows through time

I hope this gave you some ideas and how to get started!
This is my fave part of the course so far, hope you enjoy it too :smile:
Reply 2
I'm investigating about accent and dialect for my coursework, its very interesting but difficult because we haven't yet learnt anything about the topic for the course so ive had to do alot of extra reading. My teacher advised me to do this topic because we don't go into too much detail for accent and dialect in the course so it will show that ive done my own research and independent learning for my coursework :smile:
other people have looked at political speeches and power and gender theories and someone else has looked at language in menus
Good luck, you'll find an idea soon, it took me about 2 months to decide so dont worry too much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest