Chittesh14
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello guys, I was just wondering, if a maths gcse paper is done in June 2014. When is the question paper released the to the internet? So, the mark scheme is usually released, but when will the paper be released as a "past paper" that people can access and print out to complete.
I was just wondering as I've done nearly every single past paper.

Also 2 more questions:

Both questions related to GCSE Edexcel Maths A (Linear from 2010)

What is the hardest non-calculator GCSE Maths Paper you can find?

What is the hardest calculator GCSE Maths Paper you can find?

I know overall the most difficult maths papers will be the series which had the lowest grade boundaries. But, I want to see which maths paper was the toughest in your opinion?
If you can tell me which year and what kind of paper, I would appreciate it, as I want to do tough papers now, as those are where I lose a lot of marks, mostly on the trigonometry questions, get confused between the cosine and sine rule. I'm also going to do worksheets on those kind of topics to help me .
TeeEm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Chittesh14)
Hello guys, I was just wondering, if a maths gcse paper is done in June 2014. When is the question paper released the to the internet? So, the mark scheme is usually released, but when will the paper be released as a "past paper" that people can access and print out to complete.

Also 2 more questions:

I know overall the most difficult maths papers will be the series which had the lowest grade boundaries. But, I want to see which maths paper was the toughest in your opinion?
If you can tell me which year and what kind of paper, I would appreciate it, as I want to do tough papers now, as those are where I lose a lot of marks, mostly on the trigonometry questions, get confused between the cosine and sine rule. I'm also going to do worksheets on those kind of topics to help me .

which board?
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
(Original post by TeeEm)
which board?
Edexcel A (Linear) from 2010.
Sorry, forgot to say.
TeeEm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Edexcel A (Linear) from 2010.
Sorry, forgot to say.
the two numbers are the grade A and grade A*

sorry I have not updated June 2014 and Nov 2014

pdf.pdf
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
(Original post by TeeEm)
the two numbers are the grade A and grade A*

sorry I have not updated June 2014 and Nov 2014

pdf.pdf
Thanks bro, that actually helps a lot , gonna have to do november 2011 I guess for the non-calculator paper and november 2012 for the calculator paper.
TeeEm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks bro, that actually helps a lot , gonna have to do november 2011 I guess for the non-calculator paper and november 2012 for the calculator paper.
no problem
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
Does the first column show the non calculator grade boundaries for that year and the second column show calculator paper grade boundaries for that year.

For example November 2011 had 76 for A* in the first column, is that column for the non calculator paper or the calculator paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oni176
Badges: 7
Report 5 years ago

Also 2 more questions:

Both questions related to GCSE Edexcel Maths A (Linear from 2010)

The toughest one is the June 2014 paper, and I have already done it as part of our mocks Also, I can't remember which month but one of the 2013 paper was also tough.

I would say the hardest question on the non-calculator exam is vectors and transformation graphs and the hardest question on the calculator paper is probably working out quadratic simultaneous equations that is usually worth 6 marks, as well as sine and cosine rules.
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
(Original post by oni176)
The toughest one is the June 2014 paper, and I have already done it as part of our mocks Also, I can't remember which month but one of the 2013 paper was also tough.

I would say the hardest question on the non-calculator exam is vectors and transformation graphs and the hardest question on the calculator paper is probably working out quadratic simultaneous equations that is usually worth 6 marks, as well as sine and cosine rules.
Yeh I forget the rules of sine and cosine rules, included angle etc.
Simultaneous equations with a linear equation I'm alright with, saw that one in a paper, hadn't learnt it then so got 0 marks but still getting. 70+ each paper.
My mock is on Friday afterschool, transformation of functions is alright, confusing at times, vectors is my love unless I mess up xD.
I always mess up on them idk y.

Unfortunately, the June 2014 paper is inaccessible, therefore I cannot do it, but I know it is tough lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oni176
Report 5 years ago
Yeh I forget the rules of sine and cosine rules, included angle etc.
Simultaneous equations with a linear equation I'm alright with, saw that one in a paper, hadn't learnt it then so got 0 marks but still getting. 70+ each paper.
My mock is on Friday afterschool, transformation of functions is alright, confusing at times, vectors is my love unless I mess up xD.
I always mess up on them idk y.

Unfortunately, the June 2014 paper is inaccessible, therefore I cannot do it, but I know it is tough lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I usually get 70+ each paper as well. I am aiming for an A anyway, so getting over 70 will be fine. Already starting to worry about my exams in Summer!
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
(Original post by oni176)
I usually get 70+ each paper as well. I am aiming for an A anyway, so getting over 70 will be fine. Already starting to worry about my exams in Summer!
Same, sometimes I get 65 ish if it's very difficult.
I am aiming for 180+ Raw Mark / 90%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Green22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have found the June Edexcel A 2014 papers the hardest alongside the June 2013 papers because they both had the quadratic simultaneous equations which were like 6 marks and i could not answer them. However i have found the November 2014 papers quiet easy compared to the ones i mentioned above. Anyway everything depends on the individual.
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
Oh right, I think it's because you might have not learnt it. I love those ones, free marks, just hate transformation of functions p, centre of enlargement by a negative scale factor or vectors.

Those ones are 1 simultaneous equations and one linear equations, substitute into the simultaneous equation,form a quadratic and solve it with the quadratic formula.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oni176
Report 5 years ago
Getting an A overall is like around 130-140 marks.
June 2014 was 133 for an A
November 2014 was 132 for an A.
It's roughly similar and I think this will not change from now on until 2017 wheee GCSEs are made harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oni176
Report 5 years ago
I like questions to be based on Trigonometry, Pythagoras, Sine and Cosine Rule, Simultaneous Equations, Volume of a prism and pyramid, volumes of cylinders, cones etc. I also enjoy Histograms and Cumulative Frequency and every year these topics usually come up. I was disappointed for not seeing Trigonometry and trial and improvement, but hopefully they will be on June 2015 paper. Usually factorisation and expanding brackets thing always come up. It's really same type of questions that they ask every year, but June 2014 was a bit confusing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
piopio23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
can anyone please tell me the raw marks needed for AQA LINEAR HIGHER MATHS PAPERS THINK ONE PAPER OUT OF 80 THE OTHER IS OUT OFF 105!!!! THANKS
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed