Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There was a couple of occasions last month I spent the night with this guy. We didn't have full sex as I'm still a virgin and didn't want to go all the way with him, but basically just wanted a bit of no-strings fun cos somebody had just really hurt me. Aside from actual penetration, we did everything else (stupidly minus protection) which, and sorry this is graphic, included our bits touching and stuff, I don't think I can really go into much more detail on that one. Basically he didn't penetrate me but I was worried that when he came near my vagina some could have somehow gotten up there, or from our hands. So I took the morning after pill as a precaution, even though the dr said I probably didn't need it. I also had STD test done (clear thankfully) as I don't know his sexual history at all and he's a professional sportsman and seems a bit of a manwhore. My period is nearly a month late. They're used to be irregular but have been bang-on for the last 2-3 mnths lately. I had spotting a few days after taking the pill but that wasn't a real period. I did a pregnancy test a few days ago and it was negative, but I still haven't come on and my tummy is looking/ feeling different, although this could *hopefully* be a sign my period's coming on. I have put on a tiny bit of weight too but think this is due to diet. Is there still a slim chance I could be? (I'm 19) Thanks for any advice received/

ReputationRep:
    No you're not pregnant. If it doesn't come within a week or two, go to the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    Is this a wind up?

ReputationRep:
    ^ No, why would it be?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I can see where you're coming from because I get paranoid about being pregnant. One of the main reasons I've just started the pill.

It might not have come up because you're stressed and worrying about it? After my A levels it was 8 weeks before I next came on due to stress.

But no you won't be pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    This is why people should go on the pill... because if you start fooling round you have some protection and *shouldn't* have to worry. Unless that person has an STI, in which case yes, worry.

And worrying about being pregnant makes your period late (speaking from experience) So as hard as it is try and calm down, and maybe if it hasn't come within another week or so go and see your GP again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know I'm being hyper-cautious, I hate being a girl in this respect, it's such a worry! I guess maybe taking the MA pill has just screwed up my cycle

Oh and as I've not slept with anyone before I'm not on the pill, I'm trying to delay taking that as long as poss cos there's a history of DVT/ varicous veins in the women in my family and the pill heightens that risk. But I intend to when I start having sex obv.

Thanks for the advice so far

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.