Is it possible to completely change your application?, i.e. course, university and PS Watch

mhayes17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I thought for a very long time about what course I wanted to pick, creating tables for courses I thought about doing and giving them rankings and points.

It took a long time to decide between two very different courses: Speech and Language Therapy, and Music Technology.

I finally decided to pick Speech and Language Therapy and sent off my application in December 2014, but now I have this certainty, almost a burning desire, to do Music Technology, but it's been already been seven days since I sent off my application so I can't cancel it the easy way.

The only way I see of fixing this is to create a new UCAS account and start again from scratch, this time for Music Tech, and complete it in under two weeks, then send that off and cancel my original.

I really don't want to have another gap year, as in 2013 I finished Sixth form and was on course to do Psychology, then I deferred a year, and for a long time thought I wasn't going to go to University at all, and train to be a counsellor, but after the first course I knew I wasn't experienced enough to be a counsellor just yet. In the second half of 2014 I finally decided that I do want to go to University but back then had the problem of being interested in so many things, without knowing which of those paths was best, and ended up picking Speech and Language therapy, but I now know for sure that I want to do music technology, but I really don't want to have another gap year.

I wanted to ask what my options are and what option would be best.

Thank you.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mhayes17)
The only way I see of fixing this is to create a new UCAS account and start again from scratch, this time for Music Tech, and complete it in under two weeks, then send that off and cancel my original.

I wanted to ask what my options are and what option would be best.

Thank you.
You can't have more than one Ucas application in one year, so that is a non-starter. You can call the universities you have applied to and ask them to consider you for the new subject, if they do it, but there are no guarantees there. You can reject/withdraw all your applications/offers so that you have nothing and then enter Extra when it opens in February, but there's no guarantee that the course you want will be available. You can't change your PS. Sometimes universities will accept a second PS for the new subject, but that's up to them. If you don't find anything through Extra, then it's Clearing, with the same issue over the PS. If I'm honest, you sound pretty indecisive and I'd seriously suggest taking another year out instead of cobbling something together out of a bad job, but as you say you don't want one, those are the options you have.
mhayes17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ah I see. Thank you very much for such a fast reply. I'm going to see if I can get in through Extra and Clearing, if not I guess I'll have to go through another gap year but at least I'm more certain now of what I want to do, meaning I can choose a course I'm likely to really enjoy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (109)
17.3%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.46%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (188)
29.84%

Watched Threads