Turn on thread page Beta

Which science? watch

• View Poll Results: Which science do you like most?
    Biology
    30.65%
    Chemistry
    35.25%
    Physics
    34.10%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noobish)
    But you are in no position to comment.

Firstly - you are an AS student so you know little to nothing about Biology. :p:
    Secondly - Biology is not even one of your subjects.
    It's a fair enough comment - but I have done the GCSE (not Dual Award where it's all merged together), and I do sit with A1 and A2 friends and sometimes get a look at their work, and can thereby get the general gist of it.

Believe me, after Economics, Biology would be my next, next choice A-level :p:

ReputationRep:
    Biology all the way. Chemistry I find a bit dull at the moment, and I did enough Physics at GCSE to know that Physics isn't really my thing.

ReputationRep:
    Cool. Biology is winning, as it should!

ReputationRep:
    I'll have to go grab some Chemists from another sub-forum! :p:

(Original post by calcium878)
    I'll have to go grab some Chemists from another sub-forum! :p:
    It seems to be working!

ReputationRep:
    Human physiology and cell biology in Biology is great, but the rest of it (e.g. plant science) is dull.

Chemistry all the way. Conceptual, mathematical, intrinsically fascinating, and you get to blow stuff up.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry creeping up behind Biology in the poll :p:

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a completely chemistry freak but after finding out I need another science to get into a chemistry course at uni I took up higher biology and it was the best decision I ever made.

I am now converted!!

Biology is fascinating and I love it!
    The only part I don't like is learning about the human body... I love the flora and fauna part best. I love plant science, zoology, evolutionary biology, genetics, immunology, etc but I hate physiology!!

Although I'm scared I just enjoy it more because I'm taking advanced higher chem (ugh) and I'm only doing higher biology... it's at an easier level so maybe I only like it cause it's easier?
    If that's the case I have made such a bad choice in applying for biology at uni lol!!!

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ wait a min... you love plant sci.... zoology... but you hate Physiology :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Okay wait I'm getting mixed up between anatomy and physiology.

I like learning about the mechanisms of the body and the reactions that take place, etc...
    but I don't really like learning about the specific organs and their structures which I guess is more like anatomy.

ReputationRep:
    Understand Chemistry, and you understand the world!.

:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    i like the idea of biology - studying life, but actually studying it is very dull. at least in gcses and AS. maybe uni biology maybe better?

physics i love because its so mathematical but so pratical though i get irritated and all the weird assumptions we have to make-> no air resistance for some questions. but its still fun.

chemistry i love because its fun. the experiments are fun, the lessons are fun. you get the idea- FUN.

if i couldnt take medicne at uni then i'd probably go for physics. so i guess thats my favorite in a way. but really i love physics and chem equally.

ReputationRep:
    Understand biology and you understand life and surely life is the best thing on Earth?

A little part of me still thinks chem is the best, but doing advanced higher chem has just made me lose any interest and love I once had for it.. sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry
    Closely followed by biology...
    But I hate biology exams...the mark schemes will never make sense to me

(Original post by Lou_)
    Understand biology and you understand life and surely life is the best thing on Earth?

A little part of me still thinks chem is the best, but doing advanced higher chem has just made me lose any interest and love I once had for it.. sigh.
    To be honest, the fact that more advanced chemistry is more challenging made me love chem even more.

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit that for some reason Physics is my favourite Science (although i never studied it beyond GCSE. What a shame. ) It is just that there are some topics really relevant to most of my interests like space travel and electronics.

Biology would be second. Again.. it is relevant to most of my interests (e.g Medicine, Anatomy,)

Give me some time to think about Chemistry...

ReputationRep:
    Biology deals with the most incredible phenomena on earth, life. Evolutionary biology, reproduction, every last process in respiration! Mind boggling and fascinating. I accept that much of it is routed in chemistry, but biologists have a different way of studying life. I prefer the bio outlook than the chemistry one.

ReputationRep:
    Dfinately Physics for me. Followed by chemistry. Personally I just see biology as organic chemistry and ecology ie stats so not a real science in its own right.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt Biology is organic chemistry.

neway. i like physics the best.

ReputationRep:
    neway. i like physics the best..

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.