How would I go about this physics ISA? Watch

Izzyyyyy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So it's a P3 AQA ISA, and it's on centripetal force. Basically our teacher told us that it's about how the force affects the velocity of a moving object, but it's really confusing me in the way that we have to change something (in this case mass) to therefore change the force to affect the velocity so we need to actually work out the force and I don't understand how I would do that.... This sounds really mixed up but I don't really get the ISA at all. Could anyone clear things up a bit? Thanks
zak7399
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Izzyyyyy)
So it's a P3 AQA ISA, and it's on centripetal force. Basically our teacher told us that it's about how the force affects the velocity of a moving object, but it's really confusing me in the way that we have to change something (in this case mass) to therefore change the force to affect the velocity so we need to actually work out the force and I don't understand how I would do that.... This sounds really mixed up but I don't really get the ISA at all. Could anyone clear things up a bit? Thanks
Izzyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by zak7399)
I dont know much about it as I haven't done it yet but founds some methods which may help you
http://www.gcsesciencemethods.co.uk/...-rotation.html
http://www.gcsesciencemethods.co.uk/...ar-motion.html
I am sure you will understand it and do amazingly well because your so clever good luck
Ha I honestly doubt that, but thanks a lot for the links
zak7399
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Stonebridge
Badges: 10
Report 3 years ago
Can I remind posters that it is not permitted to discuss the details of ISAs on this forum.
I_Love_Tea
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Izzyyyyy)
Centripetal Force = (mass x velocity^2)/ radius

Look at OCR A-level physics, Unit 4
Centripetal stuff is covered there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Izzyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by I_Love_Tea)
Centripetal Force = (mass x velocity^2)/ radius

Look at OCR A-level physics, Unit 4
Centripetal stuff is covered there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alright thanks; )
Stress head-_-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When have you got it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?