St Andrews 2015 applicants

Watch this thread
EllieO'Keeffe
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey there!
Just created this thread for us 2015 entry St Andrews applicants. Thought we could share how our application is going.
I'm applying for International relations.
I've also applied for IR/politics courses at Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Stirling. Got an offer from Glasgow, still waiting on the rest. St A's is my first choice though - want to go there soo bad!
Been predicted 5 A's at Higher, and have all A's at Int 2/ GCSE excluding one C in maths, oops.
Please share your story!
rmcarter1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I really want to go to St Andrews too! Just applied last month for Geology there, and at Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. But St Andrews is the only one which hasn't replied yet!
I got straight A's in my Higher exams
LilliTabea
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I've also applied to St Andrews for International Relations, and at Edinburgh, Aberdeen, LSE and Dundee.
Did you already hear anything from anyone?
I know that it's going to take some time to even get a reply but i'm so anxious :s
EllieO'Keeffe
Rep:
(Original post by rmcarter1)
I really want to go to St Andrews too! Just applied last month for Geology there, and at Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. But St Andrews is the only one which hasn't replied yet!
I got straight A's in my Higher exams
Have you got offers from all the others?
Yeah me too, I wanna go there so bad! My school is weird and I haven't sat my highers yet, but I've been predicted straight A's. Good luck!
EllieO'Keeffe
Rep:
(Original post by LilliTabea)
I've also applied to St Andrews for International Relations, and at Edinburgh, Aberdeen, LSE and Dundee.
Did you already hear anything from anyone?
I know that it's going to take some time to even get a reply but i'm so anxious :s
I've got a conditional offer from Glasgow, but haven't heard from anywhere else yet. St Andrews takes a while to respond as they don't even start reading applications till the 15th. I've applied for IR too, but it's soso competitive at St A's, like 15 applicants per place, but I want it so bad! Are you from Scotland?
username1732491
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by EllieO'Keeffe)
I've got a conditional offer from Glasgow, but haven't heard from anywhere else yet. St Andrews takes a while to respond as they don't even start reading applications till the 15th. I've applied for IR too, but it's soso competitive at St A's, like 15 applicants per place, but I want it so bad! Are you from Scotland?
They can look at applicants before the deadline, I got my offer for maths in December .They do take a while though, it took almost a month before they told be they'd received my application!
LilliTabea
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by EllieO'Keeffe)
No, but from the EU, how about you? St A's would be a dream come true but i guess that counts for every one even applying with them
BigJim123
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I've applied for St Andrews Ancient History. Does anyone know when they begin sending offers? If not already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
rmcarter1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I got a unconditional from Glasgow, Edinburgh and two from Aberdeen
EllieO'Keeffe
Rep:
No, but from the EU, how about you? St A's would be a dream come true but i guess that counts for every one even applying with them
I'm from Scotland yeah. Luckily they have a quota of Scottish students to fill! Were you able to apply though UCAS?
EllieO'Keeffe
Rep:
(Original post by BigJim123)
I've applied for St Andrews Ancient History. Does anyone know when they begin sending offers? If not already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it will probably be around March time, it may be sooner but i've heard St Andrews takes a while, especially if your course is competitive.
Amanda096
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh, I've also applied to St Andrews for Ancient History (and archaeology)! I have no idea when they'll get back to us -- I sent my application off on 13th of October aha!
BigJim123
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Amanda096)
Ooh, I've also applied to St Andrews for Ancient History (and archaeology)! I have no idea when they'll get back to us -- I sent my application off on 13th of October aha!
Ah! Sweet, good luck with that! Maybe I'll see you in September haha.

Is it your First choice?
Amanda096
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ah! Sweet, good luck with that! Maybe I'll see you in September haha.

Is it your First choice?
St Andrews is definitely my 1st choice, especially since I just got rejected from Cambridge, and I could never decide between the two! So I really hope St Andrews give me an offer aha! Are they your 1st choice?! And yeah, hopefully see you in September! Do you live in Scotland?
BigJim123
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
St Andrews is definitely my 1st choice, especially since I just got rejected from Cambridge, and I could never decide between the two! So I really hope St Andrews give me an offer aha! Are they your 1st choice?! And yeah, hopefully see you in September! Do you live in Scotland?
Yeah it's my first choice too, I just loved it there! No I'm from London. Are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
trubadur
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Got offers from York and Nott, and still waiting for StA, Edi and Durham (that's the preference order).Applied for M Chemistry with external placement.EU fee status,tooGuess we have to wait until the end of period
Amanda096
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yeah it's my first choice too, I just loved it there! No I'm from London. Are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really love it too! I'm from around the Leicestershire area! What other unis have you applied to?
BigJim123
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I really love it too! I'm from around the Leicestershire area! What other unis have you applied to?
Exeter, Newcastle, Birmingham and Manchester. Haven't heard from Newcastle though yet, how about you?
Amanda096
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Exeter, Newcastle, Birmingham and Manchester. Haven't heard from Newcastle though yet, how about you?
Glasgow, Edinburgh and UCL; I've only heard from Glasgow though aha !
Lien-Kit
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ive applied for IR and Economics at St Andrews, Aberdeen and Dundee as well as Politics and Economics at Edinburgh and Sterling. Haven't heard from St Andrews or Edinburgh yet.
Is it harder for EU students to get offers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads