Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Real quick guys. What kinds of stuff do you usually buy in preparation for uni to make living there as smooth as possible?

All I can think of for starters are kitchen supplies, pots, pans the works. What else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Search "tsr what to get for uni" on google. Plus watch "university haul" videos on youtube. They always mention extra things that you would never think about. I've been using these things to budget and start planning what I get and when. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
    Search "tsr what to get for uni" on google. Plus watch "university haul" videos on youtube. They always mention extra things that you would never think about. I've been using these things to budget and start planning what I get and when. Hope that helps
    Thank you very muchly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you starting in 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol... Lots and lots of alcohol...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigboateng)
    Are you starting in 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I am. Got a little list together, but need any and all suggestions in case I've missed anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)
    Yeah I am. Got a little list together, but need any and all suggestions in case I've missed anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And you're planning already? I guess I'm not the only one excited for uni
    I've been watching YouTube videos on things to get for uni. This thread should be useful for me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigboateng)
    And you're planning already? I guess I'm not the only one excited for uni
    I've been watching YouTube videos on things to get for uni. This thread should be useful for me too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm super-stoked for uni.

I've watched some videos, but I still feel some things are missing. Anyway, this is my list so far, if it helps anyone...

1) Bedding (sheets, pillow cases, pillows x2, duvet and cover, fleece (?))
    2)clock
    3) Door stop
    4) Desk Lamp
    5)Waste paper basket
    6)Laundry (clothes basket, washing powder, the works)
    7) Clothing (no need for detail)
    8) An everyday and an outdoors bag
    9) Water bottle
    10)Toiletries.
    11) Stationery (notice board, if there isn't already one, Thumb tacks, printing paper, envelopes, stamps...)
    12)Important docs (passports...)
    13)Electrics (Kettle, Toaster, Laptop, printer, camera, torches, batteries...)
    14) First aid (drugs. Lots of them. I lived in boarding, so I know)
    15) Kitchen (serving trays, casseroles dish, pans, pots, crockery, cutlery, scissors, knives, chopping board, zip lock bags, tupperware, tin foil, cling film, washing up liquid...) probably the biggest thing on my list.

Oh, and food.

ReputationRep:
    LOTS of advice here :http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._To_University

ReputationRep:

I've watched some videos, but I still feel some things are missing. Anyway, this is my list so far, if it helps anyone...

2)clock
    3) Door stop
    4) Desk Lamp
    5)Waste paper basket
    9) Water bottle
    10)Toiletries.
    11) Stationery (notice board, if there isn't already one, Thumb tacks, printing paper, envelopes, stamps...)
    15) Kitchen (serving trays, casseroles dish, pans, pots, crockery, cutlery, scissors, knives, chopping board, zip lock bags, tupperware, tin foil, cling film, washing up liquid...) probably the biggest thing on my list.

Oh, and food.
    Haha thanks for that, I think I will start making my list too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to actually start buying this all my stuff - especially stationary!! I'm a bit worried about how everyone will organise all their kitchen equipment and food, since we'll be sharing.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot packet of condoms at Uni of Liverpool everyone has them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm excited and I'm in Y12 . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgecake22)
    Forgot packet of condoms at Uni of Liverpool everyone has them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol do they give it out for free?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

2)clock
    3) Door stop
    4) Desk Lamp
    5)Waste paper basket
    9) Water bottle
    10)Toiletries.

Oh, and food.
    Aw, I remember being this excited I'll give you a few tips:
    Check with your accommodation what is provided in the room/kitchen. In mine a waste paper basket was provided in the room, but a desk lamp wasn't. Other unis may be different. It's pretty typical to be provided with a kettle/toaster in the kitchen, and you're sometimes not allowed them in your room.

Don't bother getting food/most toiletries/cleaning stuff until you get there. No point in taking up space in the car! I went into town with my parents after arriving to pick up what I still needed. This applies for anything - don't worry about forgetting something if it's not sentimental/expensive - you can always buy one when you get there!

Laundry bag, not basket (or both). You'll need to carry it to the laundry!

A few things you didn't mention, but I'm sure you know - towels, enough cushions for the bed that you can sit comfortably, blanket for bed, some kind of airer for wet stuff (a little radiator one is good)... a plant for the window sill is quite nice

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've made a whole spreadsheet for what I'll need! I've read so many lists and just compiled it into one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathiye)
    Aw, I remember being this excited I'll give you a few tips:
    Check with your accommodation what is provided in the room/kitchen. In mine a waste paper basket was provided in the room, but a desk lamp wasn't. Other unis may be different. It's pretty typical to be provided with a kettle/toaster in the kitchen, and you're sometimes not allowed them in your room.

Don't bother getting food/most toiletries/cleaning stuff until you get there. No point in taking up space in the car! I went into town with my parents after arriving to pick up what I still needed. This applies for anything - don't worry about forgetting something if it's not sentimental/expensive - you can always buy one when you get there!

Laundry bag, not basket (or both). You'll need to carry it to the laundry!

A few things you didn't mention, but I'm sure you know - towels, enough cushions for the bed that you can sit comfortably, blanket for bed, some kind of airer for wet stuff (a little radiator one is good)... a plant for the window sill is quite nice
    That's really helpful! thanks~

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.