Turn on thread page Beta

Morrissey - that Manc's new song is a real beauty watch

ReputationRep:
    His new song is something i have always wanted to write damn it he beat me to it

ReputationRep:
    Without downloading where can I download it? Are they playing it on the radio? P.S

I can't wait to see him at the cricket ground it should be a great gig as he used to live 200 yards away from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Without downloading where can I download it? Are they playing it on the radio? P.S

I can't wait to see him at the cricket ground it should be a great gig as he used to live 200 yards away from it.
    it is brilliant- it was on Xfm - london radio station - Irish Blood, English heart ... etc. so political and i saw a bit of the video and he still has the same haircut - the big quiff except it was obviously much greyer than the good old days - why did the Smiths break up?!

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure the inside and outs but Morrisey has a bit of repuation of being fussy.

I know Johhny Marr and Morrisey had a major argument but I am not sure what about, Morrisey went off to a solo career and Johhny Marr formed another sucessful band called Electronic with New Order's Beanard Sumner.

For this reason the Smiths will probably never get back together again.

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure the inside and outs but Morrisey has a bit of repuation of being fussy.

I know Johhny Marr and Morrisey had a major argument but I am not sure what about, Morrisey went off to a solo career and Johhny Marr formed another sucessful band called Electronic with New Order's Beanard Sumner.

For this reason the Smiths will probably never get back together again.
    but they were a great band werent they - those were the days - at least old morrisey is still magic eh?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he has a brilliant knack of writing lyrics they are also quite inoffensive and still getting the message across. I thnk that is what the whole Madchester era did so well. The lyrics were so deep and meaningful yet didn't have to resort to pointless swearing to do it.

Morrisey talks about all the deep stuff such as rape, crime, depression in his lyrics yet there is not one single swear word in them.

Great man.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he has a brilliant knack of writing lyrics they are also quite inoffensive and still getting the message across. I thnk that is what the whole Madchester era did so well. The lyrics were so deep and meaningful yet didn't have to resort to pointless swearing to do it.

Morrisey talks about all the deep stuff such as rape, crime, depression in his lyrics yet there is not one single swear word in them.

Great man.
    absolutely - Mancunians can get the point across without swearing amazingly considering those Gallagher brothers - but even their lyrics are fantastic

ReputationRep:
    Without downloading where can I download it? Are they playing it on the radio?

Last time I looked you could download it from www.morrisseymusic.com, but I think it's been updated since..
    I know that Radio 1 haven't even playlisted it. Which is oh so wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    Last time I looked you could download it from www.morrisseymusic.com, but I think it's been updated since..
    I know that Radio 1 haven't even playlisted it. Which is oh so wrong.
    glad to know a girl out there has good music taste

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    glad to know a girl out there has good music taste
    I'll ruin that for you by telling you I quite enjoy listening to Busted. But I think they're shite. If that makes sense.

Now, so as not to veer off topic, I shall mention Morrissey.

There, mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    I'll ruin that for you by telling you I quite enjoy listening to Busted. But I think they're shite. If that makes sense.

Now, so as not to veer off topic, I shall mention Morrissey.

There, mentioned.
    hehe forgiven!

ReputationRep:
    It's dreadful. I'm so pleased you love it so much! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliette)
    It's dreadful. I'm so pleased you love it so much! :rolleyes:
    how can you say that...? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What terrible, terrible lyrics. I hate it when people try to be political to come across as smart as just come across as a nonce. Nice tune, but what terrible, terrible lyrics. Also, awful video.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    What terrible, terrible lyrics. I hate it when people try to be political to come across as smart as just come across as a nonce. Nice tune, but what terrible, terrible lyrics. Also, awful video.
    lyrics are ace - he has lived long enough to pull them off!

ReputationRep:
    lyrics are ace - he has lived long enough to pull them off!
    The Queen hasn't live long enough to pull them off. Forgetting she is actually a part of the monarchy and everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    The Queen hasn't live long enough to pull them off. Forgetting she is actually a part of the monarchy and everything.
    sick of labour and when tories spit on the memory of cromwell - ace

ReputationRep:
    You can't say that Morrisey can't write lyrics.

"I would go out tonight but I haven't got a stich to wear" is class. Its so simple but its so effective at the same time

ReputationRep:
    You can't say that Morrisey can't write lyrics.

"I would go out tonight but I haven't got a stich to wear" is class. Its so simple but its so effective at the same time
    i agree with you!

ReputationRep:
    sick of labour and when tories spit on the memory of cromwell - ace
    Pretentious.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.