Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do if.. watch

Announcements

...a boy in your 6th form still didn't have a broken voice at all?

What would you think?

What would you say to him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ...a boy in your 6th form still didn't have a broken voice at all?

What would you think?

I'd keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself. A voice isn't something he can control and he probably knows it's high.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's not really important.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends voices still haven't broken and they're at uni now. I don't thinks it's a problem, as long as the person is a good friend, that's all that matters tbh

ReputationRep:
    Punch them in the throat to see if I could trigger the change.
    On a serious note, what can you do other than accept it? It honestly wouldn't bother me anyway...

Too bawse for you, sir.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't think anything of it. Wouldn't say anything. Not my business.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd think that his voice hasn't dropped yet, he must just be a bit later than others. I wouldn't say anything about it to him or anyone else, he's probably self-conscious about it enough without someone pointing it out to him.

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't do anything, don't treat him differently.

ReputationRep:
    Although the voice usually breaks between 11 and 15, for some it takes until 18.

The boy in question might want to check with his GP to see if there have been any other problems.

What would you think?
    By the time I was in the 6th form we had realised different people develop in different ways and at different rates.

Nothing. If I were in his position and someone said something to me when I was 16-18, I'd have died a thousand deaths from embarrassment!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.