The Student Room Group

If your dream celeb asked you out when you were taken, would you cheat?

Poll

Would you do it? Cheat for Brad, Ryan, Nina, CandiceÒ€¦?

This is a serious thread. And I am including spouses.

Your actions will break your partner's heart and possibly give them deep-seated trust and attachment issues-you will watch them cry. But the sex and euphoria you feel will be beyond anything you've ever experienced.

I imagine the vast majority of people will be in denial and babble about 'true love', when the fact is so many of us are scum and would probably cheat on our current partner if the person who's made us horny since we were 12 asked us to the dance.

I put this in Society because I believe 'Society' is a moral void, once you push the right buttons we all turn back into animals

my responses from the partner thread on Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2r9de5/serious_if_your_dream_celebrity_asked_you_out/
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No. I would have connected with my hypothetical partner on an intellectual and emotional level. The only thing going for my celebrity crush is that I find them attractive. At the end of the day, I wouldn't know them on a personal level at all, just what the media reported. Sex to me has a higher value than a cheap fling and is for 'love' between two people who connect on numerous levels. I wouldn't betray that for what would seemingly be a one time thing nor would I abandon my partner if the celebrity wanted to start a relationship with me.
Nope I wouldn't, I don't even have a dream celeb. I can recognise people as attractive but only develop crushes when I know someone better and I would already have a connection with my partner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No because I'm not a dick.

And plus I'm demisexual so I need to be romantically attracted to sleep with someone.
Reply 4
Original post by battycatlady
No because I'm not a dick.

And plus I'm demisexual so I need to be romantically attracted to sleep with someone.

Agreed. I'm also demisexual.
If you find yourself answering 'yes' to this question then you might want to evaluate your relationship. Firstly, if you're going to be tempted by somebody else's looks then go and find yourself an attractive partner. Secondly, I don't and have never idolised any male celebrity.

Girls, be good to your men.
No. The only things that the celebrity has going for them are physical attractiveness and an unrealistic mental picture I will have painted of their personality. I don't know them, after all. With my boyfriend, there's love, and trust, and respect, and mutual support on top of the physical attraction. I know my boyfriend - all the wonderful things about him as well as the little things that can be a bit irritating (such as him squeezing the toothpaste tube in the middle instead of at the bottom :tongue:). I'd never betray what we have, and I'd never want to cause him pain. To do so wouldn't just make me a heartless, selfish bitch, it would also be really stupid.
Lol no. For one thing, I despise the "celeb" culture that has given rise to talentless wasteoids like Kim Kardashian, thus I am unlikely to sleep with anyone purely because they self-identify with being a celebrity.

Secondly (and more importantly), I have morals that I strive to stick to at all times. Kinda prevents me from being a dick :h:
Nope. I'd never do something like that to her or anybody else and I know that she'd never do it to me either.
Probably not but if I could cheat and get away with it then I'll do it.
Yeah, it's good banter.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Yeah, it's good banter.

yeah this thread needs a bump too
Reply 11
It depends how interested I was interested in my current partner. If she was 'a fling' I would do it but if I was in a long term relationship I wouldn't.
No. Most celebs are douchebags.
Depends entirely on the circumstances
I'd rather walk on a land full of Legos barefoot than break her heart, and that challenge I have nightmares about y'all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
If anyone had asked me out, I would have said yes, doesn't even have to be a celebrity. I've been trying to get out of that relationship for seven months, that bitch ain't no good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OhGod
It depends how interested I was interested in my current partner. If she was 'a fling' I would do it but if I was in a long term relationship I wouldn't.

why wouldn't you do it for an LTR?
Original post by King Kebab
Depends entirely on the circumstances

elaborate :colone:
Original post by Cutty
If anyone had asked me out, I would have said yes, doesn't even have to be a celebrity. I've been trying to get out of that relationship for seven months, that bitch ain't no good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahahaha
Reply 19
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
hahahaha

Hahaha!! :smile: high five

Quick Reply

Latest