Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting edexcel A2 biology, I need to get an A and was wondering how important reading around the subject is I.e. Not just the CGP textbook. Also what else exactly should I be reading?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing A2 Biology too. I personally don't think its that important, it might help but as long as you know the content that is important then you'll probably get the A.

I'm using the CGP book alongside the Edexcel text book. I find CGP leave so much content out, and I'm making my notes alongside the specification so come May, I'll have everything ready and I won't be in a made rush like last year! HA!

What exam board are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizmoo0721)
    I'm doing A2 Biology too. I personally don't think its that important, it might help but as long as you know the content that is important then you'll probably get the A.

I'm using the CGP book alongside the Edexcel text book. I find CGP leave so much content out, and I'm making my notes alongside the specification so come May, I'll have everything ready and I won't be in a made rush like last year! HA!

What exam board are you doing?

Edexcel, how'd you get on last year?

ReputationRep:
    A Levels are about hitting the key phrases to answer the questions unfortunately.

Focus on what the exams specifically want. By all means read for pleasure and doing so will cement info in your head but the marks you get will come from writing the key phrases they're looking for.

ReputationRep:
    In A level exams you tend to get question with a very very specific mark scheme, and if you don't mention the points on the mark scheme, you don't get the marks. In these cases extra reading isn't needed at all.

If you have a big essay question worth 20 marks or something, then some extra reading might be useful to give you the extra mark or two, but even then it's still not really necessary. I did AQA biology and managed to get an A* in A2 just by reading the core textbook provided by sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    I get b for my as level . Is it possible to get A gor A2 without resitting ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 9, 2015

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.