The Student Room Group

Helpp!

I'm in Year 11 and currently applying for colleges I have an interview with George Monoux College next Wednesday. My parents do not want me to go to that college but I want to know if it is a good college before I disagree or agree with them. If it is a good college I most certainly will go there regardless of their thoughts. I also have applied for La SWAP and several people have been negative about that decision because apparently it is not a good college,people there are bad influences etc. I also have applied for Woodhouse but my grades are average I have many C's,2 A's so far and a B or two.After doing my gcse's in maths,english,additional science I am quite confident I will then have an A/B in english,C in maths and additional science which I think will mean Woodhouse will not except me. I need to know really good colleges to apply for it's January and deadlines will end soon. I do NOT want colleges that have bad influences etc I will be doing hopefully A levels. Help:frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Hi, I hope this is not too late. I would not go to George Monoux College at the moment, the teachers are superb but the students are not. It depens what you want to do. In George Monoux i would not go on the IT courses the pass rate is terrible and the BTEC you dont leanr antyhing but you pass this happen to my firned he is leaving this year and going to Leyton college. there are strikes at the moment last weeka nd before easter holidays because teachers are being dismissed for not good reasons. there has been in the newspapers an axe attack and knifes there are also a lot of fights. Monoux is a no no college. the principal is never there well you dont see him. dont worry about the deadlines there are so many colleges that you will get into one you'll see. hope this helps and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest