What courses to choose for IB? Watch

sptsuna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have to choose my courses in a week or so, but I'm still unsure which courses I should take. Here are the ones I've been thinking about:

Math HL
Physics SL
English Lang & Lit SL
Spanish HL
Economics HL

I hope to major in Business, so I want to take Business Management, but our school doesn't provide the course but only as an online course. (which I dislike taking due to time zone differences) Therefore, I'm having a dilemma as to which course I should take for my 6th course, Chemistry SL, Psychology SL, or possibly Music SL. I have been learning Chemistry since middle school so I was thinking about it, but I'm afraid there might be too many courses that stresses my brain, because I already have Physics and Math. I was thinking Psychology, because I'm kind of interested in the course, but I'm really bad at memorizing stuff and my English isn't too strong. I love music and play an instrument, but I'm not very sure if I want to learn music theory and stuff about famous musicians and the pieces they performed. So I don't know which course to choose between Chemistry, Psychology, and Music. (Plus, chemistry and music will probably have nothing to do with my future career) Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think that Psychology sounds like a good course for you. Yes, it will be tough, but I think it would complement your other humanities subjects. Like you said, Chemistry is very tough if you're not 100% into it, so better to take a subject that sounds interesting.
sptsuna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Alright thanks for the advice, I might probably take Psychology. THANKS!
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sptsuna)
Alright thanks for the advice, I might probably take Psychology. THANKS!
No problem! I hope you enjoy your course. Good luck for the future!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?