Turn on thread page Beta

Anon because people who know me read these boards from time to time...

Basically there's this guy at uni who I really like. I am ridiculously fussy when it comes to guys (I find stupid little faults in everyone and have never had a long term relationship in my life despite having had quite a few offers over the years) so this is quite a surprise that I've found someone who seems to be my ideal guy so soon after starting uni.

We met in the first few days and there was a bit of flirting for a few days then one night one thing led to another and stuff happened. It was less than amazing and I think we were both quite embarassed that things hadn't really gone to plan sexually. We left it on really good terms so I thought it hadn't affected anything, but then he was really distant and barely spoke to me for days. I didnt see him for over a week and when I finally did he would barely look at me, let alone talk to me.

Things have improved the past week or so and we are now back to being friends n stuff and I had decided that I was just going to forget the idea of us being together as he clearly wasn't interested any more. But then the other night one of my friends said that she had asked him recently if he was interested in me and he had said yes. This apparently happened after he started being really off with me.

So, I'm now totally confused. When I've been around him recently he has mentioned hot girls, etc with his friends and has shown no signs of interest. Had my friend not mentioned that she'd spoken to him about me then I would have no reason to think that he would be interested but I've now got this little fact nagging in the back of my mind.

I really really like him (even though I'm trying not to - it would make things so much easier!) and just wanted some objective opinions really.. I know nobody can really tell me whether he's interested or not but I'd appreciate any comments you might have as I'm sitting here just going crazy thinking it all over.

ReputationRep:
    what is it with people at uni?

are you at birmingham uni? they are all cocks there.. well.. some are. one bloke i know is engaged. aww.

ReputationRep:
    He's embarassed and ashamed, that's why.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he is in love with someone else or already has a gf and didn't realise what he was doing.

(Original post by Guffy)
    He's embarassed and ashamed, that's why.
    But does that mean that he's totally gone off me because he associates me with that or what? Ugh

(Original post by pumpkin7)
    maybe he is in love with someone else or already has a gf and didn't realise what he was doing.
    definitely doesn't have a girlfriend, never had a long term relationship either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But does that mean that he's totally gone off me because he associates me with that or what? Ugh
    No, it means he likes you but can't face how embarassed he is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    what is it with people at uni?

are you at birmingham uni? they are all cocks there.. well.. some are. one bloke i know is engaged. aww.
    haha! not all brummie guys are bad, i have some good mates at brum uni!

(Original post by Guffy)
    No, it means he likes you but can't face how embarassed he is.
    Hmm.. maybe. It wasn't his fault though.. I'm just not all that experienced and he was quite big but I think maybe he thought I wasn't turned on enough or something. I did text him and try to explain that it really wasn't anything he was doing wrong, that the problem was my end cos I didn't want him thinking that he'd done anything wrong when he REALLY hadn't. He replied saying something like it wasn't my fault and that it was quite funny really. And that was that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    haha! not all brummie guys are bad, i have some good mates at brum uni!
    well please introduce me to them because the ones i have met are *******s!

does anyone else have anything to add? Cos as much as I'd like to believe what Guffy has said I'm not entirely sure whether to assume it's that... he really doesn't seem like he's interested at all any more but I don't want to give up on it if there's a chance he might be.. ugh!

ReputationRep:
    omg tht is like EXACTLY whats happening with me! im just trying to forget about the guy and find somebody else, and have fun with them. if we can't have fun at uni, when can we? hope you manage to sort it out though! and if you end up with the guy, i hope *it* is better and you have lots of fun!
    xXx

(Original post by Michelle12)
    Or (just a random guess) maybe you spoke about him to someone you know and they informed him and he ended up feeling a bit annoyed- Then again judging from your post you don't seem like you would b.itch about him so I'm not too sure...
    Nah I didn't tell anyone that knows him what happened.. I mean my flatmates know something happened but I didn't go into detail or mention that things weren't amazing in that department.

ReputationRep:
    guffy spot on, hes embarrassed and is scared youll never consider him because of the less than amazing performance most probably.

why cant people just say SEX instead of *it*? Please cmon i mean no ones going to start TEE HEE she said sex,, hey psst psst have my babies TEE HEE, pst sexaphone!

so if this is the case and he is actually still interested what do you think I should do?

ReputationRep:
    Be open and honest about the fact that you really like him.

Ugh I was afraid of that... I'm just scared to do that in case he then is really uninterested and I totally got the wrong end of the stick.. I'd rather be his mate than nothing at all and if I mess all that up I'll be pissed off.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.