Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    thanks lol..

mm, i've already tried talking to him and he can't give me a reason other than i was clingy, jealous and immature.
    I think he would have established a problem with these a month or two into the relationship. Not 2 years after... sound a bit supperficial to end such a long term thing

ReputationRep:
    sounds stupid, i know. he wants to see me so i get labelled clingy.

ReputationRep:
    sounds stupid, i know. he wants to see me so i get labelled clingy.
    Smart man. Um, complete cad though, yes of course.

ReputationRep:
    now, eventhough he wants to be friends and wants me to go and help him get his land rover into shape (wtf land rover?!) he doesn't say 2 words to me... ever.

ReputationRep:
    now, eventhough he wants to be friends and wants me to go and help him get his land rover into shape (wtf land rover?!) he doesn't say 2 words to me... ever.
    Up his with a lit candle.

ReputationRep:
    You are a sweet girl and it just seems that some people just don't appreciate true love when it's there. You tried your absolute best for him and he treated you like total crap. At the end of the day, he's the one losing out! So what if he wants to kiss another girl and see other things while at University? What happens after the one night stand? What about when he's sad and wants someone to talk to. Friends can't always be there and love is what you need when you're sad. Just try and forget him or give him space. I know it's not easy to suddenly forget someone or leave them, but it has to be done!

P.S. Pumpkin, you're a very attractive girl. He's the one missing out!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

After the way he's treated you, tell him to get stuffed.

ReputationRep:
    it's just i've done so much for him and put so much into this relationship. i know that i didn't see my friends as much and was there for him all the time, which i know he wanted me to sort out, which is what i've done now.
    in the past few months i haven't had a job, and he has been at home so we have seen each other a lot. now he is at uni and i have a job, we wouldn't be able to see each other as much anyway, but it's just horrid that he won't even give it a chance.

i don't know whether just leaving him alone for a few months will do much good. i'll either move on, or he will find someone else.
    but really, unless you have no regard for other peoples feelings or have a heart of pure stone (which i know he doesn't.. meh) you cannot get over someone in 2 weeks, can you? i mean, i can't explain how we were before, but we were so bloody close, and he was so dreading going to uni because of being away from me. i know he wasn't lying because he always speaks his mind...

Vampyrcorn, i've said sorry so many times i have lost count. i know how i am, and i know it's just because i love him so damn much. i know he doesn't just want me when he is stressed because he's needed me for the past 2 years... and he certainly hasn't been stressed for 2 solid years.

sweetheart iv been seeing posts from you complaining about your boyfriend and how badly he treats you and ignores you for soooo long now. i was in a relationship that was similar in many ways, we were together for over two years and it fell apart when he went to uni and changed completely. i suggest breaking up and sticking with it. honestly. when me and my ex broke up it was the most difficult thing iv ever been through but now im out teh other side a few months later and starting to see that there are other options and otehr men, and boys that will treat me beter then he ever did. dont continue in a relationship where he does not appreciate you. and as for confidence..yes it will be low to start with but remember that you have had a bf before..whats to stop you attracting a new one??xx

ReputationRep:
    and ****ing hell i just looke dat your profile pic..you can't tell me you dont have guys eyeing you up...get your confidence back and a fishing rod and leave this guyxxx

ReputationRep:
    he sent this september 27th... by october 6th, we were no more.. what happened?

'missing you a lot smelly. i think i need you a lot and i will miss you today/tonight. we could go out together after this meeting on the MOMDs, but we'll have to see what time that is..

thanks for looking after me thus far

-tom
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

bone-machine, it's so easy to say it, but to do it is a totally different kettle of fish..

septmeber 22nd;

'i love you more than anything in the entire world.

just remember that. i can't wait to see you tomorrow and for you to see where i am living so you will be comfortable in your own mind.

love you forever,

- your tom
    xxxxxxxxxxx

ps. speak later tonight on msn please?'

ReputationRep:
    I'd hit it. All my mates would hit it. Just leave him.

That 'thanks for looking after me thus far [I wont need you anymore' sounds a bit iffy.

Just leave him, anyone who ends a two year relationship like that isn't worth anythin, no tears, no time, no words - no nothin

You are worth a lot pumpkin...you a hottie!

ReputationRep:
    fine. bring on the rebounds.

ReputationRep:
    i dont even know the guy and i hate him :\

ReputationRep:

Rebounds can be worse. A) Because you end up doing stuff you wouldn't usually do, and B) You could hurt a nice guys' feelings.

ReputationRep:
    There's no harm in being on the outside, the way you feel on the inside.

ReputationRep:
    Not the best idea. Just wait a bit then go looking for a decent guy .

Babe I don't mean to upset you but this is classic.

I am ashamed to admit that by the time I got to university I was thinking that my (3 year) relationship was getting a little routine, but I loved my boyfriend all the same. But uni was nothing like what I expected, for the first time on years I had attention from guys left, right and center! It sounds horrible but I loved it, it made me feel great!

Everyone was having promiscuous sex and there were some hot blokes who offered it to me on a plate. I resisted for so long, but just watching what a great time my new mates were having making the most of their youth.. snogging random blokes, getting drunk, messing around and not giving a sh**. I felt as though I was missing out on something.

I told my boyfriend that circumstances meant I wasn't sure if I wanted to be in this relationship with him, and broke it off.

My first year was a blast!! (And i'm not on about having sex with strangers.. I didn't do that!) but I did a lot of stuff I couldn't have done with a boyfriend!!

Funnily enough my best mate did exactly the same!

He just wants to play the field, hun.

ReputationRep:
    but he isn't like that. he has never had a serious relationship before ours, and he was a virgin...
    i know he has grown up now, but he isn't some sort of male whore.

btw i sent him an email last night, and he is blaming this split on an incident that happened 18 months ago when i left high school and some bloke made a comment about my boobs. i mean, come on.. i'm loyal to him! i would never do anything to hurt his feelings or break his heart.

ReputationRep:
    i just don't get it. i think i should just leave him alone for a long time and see what happens.

Agreed.

Yes if you love him go for it, but at some point if they don't respond you sadly have to give it up. For your own sake actually! Because it will just do your head in wondering why and what you've done when it's probably actually them.

Some of the things you've said sound similar to my situation just past, and although I can't create rules from that experience for myself let alone tell anyone else.

I'd say a little time wouldn't hurt if you've tried everything else. If he doesn't respond to you trying to fix it, leave it, hopefully one day he'll realise what he has missed.

=)

ReputationRep:

and excuse me, but i don't like the way you are implying that i am not fit. don't make me feel any worse than i already do, thank you.
    Looked at your pic, I think your pretty if it helps prettier than me anyway :p:

And tbh def just ask him, you have a right to ask (in proportion) about other girls, besides i don't see why he's complaining, I think it shows him how much you care. (haven't read any comments beyond like the first page so dunno if this has already been sed)

*hugs*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.