The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

grace
i have two words for anyone who watches Newlyweds...Jessica Simpson.
I am guessing she isnt particularly switched on? :confused:
elpollodiablouk
Hehe, how could you possibly tell that?
the look in your eyes
Reply 82
Speciez99
the look in your eyes

You've got me sussed.
Reply 83
Kurdt Morello
intelligence is important but looks matter without a doubt
Certainly. Did I mention my girlfriend is rather pretty too? :tongue:
edders
this is her right?
http://www.edders.org/photos/katrina.jpg
Reply 85
Speciez99
I am guessing she isnt particularly switched on? :confused:

:eek: you don't watch it? Ok, basically, she is absolutely stunning, seriously, she looks like an angel. But she is hailed to be the most annoyingly stupid woman it just spoils the whole effect. It's hard to describe her if you haven't watched the show, but here's an example...she was offered some 'buffalo wings' when eating dinner and declined, saying buffalo meat would ruin her figure. Hard to explain her really!
grace
:eek: you don't watch it? Ok, basically, she is absolutely stunning, seriously, she looks like an angel. But she is hailed to be the most annoyingly stupid woman it just spoils the whole effect. It's hard to describe her if you haven't watched the show, but here's an example...she was offered some 'buffalo wings' when eating dinner and declined, saying buffalo meat would ruin her figure. Hard to explain her really!
I knew she was stunning, bit of a Britney clone. Not my type of girl to be honest.
edders

hehe - good work you old dog! :smile:
Reply 88
Speciez99
Yep.
Reply 89
edders
Yep.

ooh, she has really pretty hair
Reply 90
FIT GAL+SMART GAL+FUN GAL = PERFECT GAL

Intelligence is most defintley NOT a turn off! Who wants a dumb slag?
Speciez99
However i think that it is also worth pointing out because many of these things are true, if you are bright (am not suggesting for one moment this is me) then you can be sterotyped into this model of bright but socially poor. I personally believe that a conversation can be made between any two people if both want to have it. I think often with people who are bright the oposite sex are put off by the image projected by the media of intelligent people who are clueless in social situations. This in term has a knock on effect that the bright person cannot feel confident and thus is more nervous and fails more in social situations.

Yes the stereotypical view may have a knock on effect but most guys (I presume) probably suffer from nerves to a degree before approaching a woman regardless of intellect. Theoretically the smart guy should feel more confident than the dumb guy about chatting up women but I think some fail because while they are able to make the woman think(in some cases) they don't make her feel, ie they can engage in logical convo with her, work, politics, religion, life but run a mile when it comes to emotional conversation. Not to generalise regarding intelligent guys, I know plenty who can master both
Reply 92
thor
FIT GAL+SMART GAL+FUN GAL = PERFECT GAL

Intelligence is most defintley NOT a turn off! Who wants a dumb slag?

lack of intelligence does not automatically make a girl a slag
Reply 93
grace
ooh, she has really pretty hair
Yeah, it's a reddish-brown that I think is really nice :smile:
Reply 94
grace

Very true
grace

precisely - some dumb girls have morals and standards - we should try getting away from the stereotypes ... like the ones round my neck of the woods :biggrin:
Reply 96
|YOur quite right, lack of brains does not make a girl a slag but thats not what i said. What i said was that no one wants a dumb slag :smile:

To clarify : No one wants Dumb Bastard
That doesn't mean all dumb men are bastards.
Reply 97
Kurdt Morello
precisely - some dumb girls have morals and standards -

and some very smart girls have none :biggrin:
grace
and some very smart girls have none :biggrin:

hehe - that is definitely true ... :wink:
grace
i have two words for anyone who watches Newlyweds...Jessica Simpson.

She is possibly the most irritating woman alive!! Also at the height of stupidity-I can't believe she said, ''"I have bubbles in my tummy...it's just air. It's not stink. Promise." :rolleyes:

Latest