Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What about Paris Hilton though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    Stupid show, stupid girl. She's just as dumb, ditzy and disconnected as Jessica.

ReputationRep:
    lol, edders. Your bird is a stinker mate, but as long as your happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm0273)
    lol, edders. Your bird is a stinker mate, but as long as your happy
    *******. What you just said smacks of jealousy-you obviously feel the need to put others down to upgrade yourself. How unnattractive is that?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, thats right im jealous, lol - dont think so, that bird would make u want to move to Iraq. Im sorry there was no need for it, but when I read his post saying something about did he mention she was attractive I had to have a look...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoStInIdEaFlOoD)
    Are intellectual women desirable to men or are too many four-syllable words a turn-off?
    I very rarely see intellect and achievement presented as a desirable trait in women. To me it's usually the women who play the ''dumb blonde'' game that are popular with the men. Are men driven to become biologically excited by what a woman can offer them physically foremost? Or is being challenged mentally an aphrodisiac of sorts also? What are your thoughts?
    I like intellectual woman, as I can either have a good conversation with them, one which we discuss something meaningful, not just what she is doing the next day, or be challenged by them, intellectually of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I like intellectual woman, as I can either have a good conversation with them, one which we discuss something meaningful, not just what she is doing the next day, or be challenged by them, intellectually of course.
    Aren't you the guy who previously said that you couldn't easily relate to woman in that ''gender of friends'' thread? Is that because you feel you haven't met your match intellectually? (I'm positive you said something along those lines before??)

ReputationRep:
    Aren't you the guy who previously said that you couldn't easily relate to woman in that ''gender of friends'' thread? Is that because you feel you haven't met your match intellectually? (I'm positive you said something along those lines before??)
    I do not recall saying that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I do not recall saying that.
    Ahh that is what I recall inferring from one of your posts. But as I have no time to read through them one by one, I'll settle for that.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that is what I recall inferring from one of your posts. But as I have no time to read through them one by one, I'll settle for that.
    I like smart women, they are a lot more enjoyable than the less intelligent ones.

ReputationRep:
    She is possibly the most irritating woman alive!! Also at the height of stupidity-I can't believe she said, ''"I have bubbles in my tummy...it's just air. It's not stink. Promise." :rolleyes:
    AhI know, stupid people really really really really really irritate me (i think that's enough reallys now). She's quite sweet in her own way of course...guess he didn't marry her for her witty repartee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    Spoilt girl who has such an affluent background she doesn't need to have a job. If you watch the simple life.... though i have a funny feeling nicole richie might be dumber.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Spoilt girl who has such an affluent background she doesn't need to have a job. If you watch the simple life.... though i have a funny feeling nicole richie might be dumber.
    Lol -is that possible?!

ReputationRep:
    Are intellectual women desirable to men or are too many four-syllable words a turn-off?
    I very rarely see intellect and achievement presented as a desirable trait in women. To me it's usually the women who play the ''dumb blonde'' game that are popular with the men. Are men driven to become biologically excited by what a woman can offer them physically foremost? Or is being challenged mentally an aphrodisiac of sorts also? What are your thoughts?
    50/50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    50/50
    Ehh?

ReputationRep:
    No i wouldn't think so......i like a chick that can give me a run foir my money and a challange aswell coz whats the point in goin withy somebody just for there looks, thats really low!! Well thats my opinion anyways (no offence to certain viewers!)

ReputationRep:
    Turn on actually. I love those "plain Jane superbrain" type girls. And power dressed business women. Corrrrrr!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Turn on actually. I love those "plain Jane superbrain" type girls. And power dressed business women. Corrrrrr!!
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Are men driven to become biologically excited by what a woman can offer them physically foremost?
    Unfortunately, it's no doubt the norm nowdays that most guys go for girls with hour-glass figures & pretty looks...

I think the media has a big guilty part to play in this.

To me it's usually the women who play the ''dumb blonde'' game that are popular with the men.
    On that, I'm afraid it differs amongst guys, at least amongst the male friends i have.
    i.e. MCPs - I believe they would certainly prefer girls who could sing in tune with their unreasonable demands.

What are your thoughts?
    I do agree with some of the arguments on the definition of 'intelligent'. Strictly speaking, academic success does not translate into one being intelligent. So what if you score 5 As. It's no big deal! It's mainly because you:
    1. pay more attention in class
    2. complete your assignment conscientiously
    3. spend more time revising on your own
    4. stay more focus in your studies

It's just pure hardworking. Anybody can do that if they have the determination & preserverance.

Nisi.. of course, you tell me that you are a slacker for the whole year until a fortnight before the exams then you start studying... then that's a whole new different picture we are talking altogether.. Perhaps that's what's intelligent.

FOR MYSELF

As for me, I don't really mind as long as she can hold on to an intellectual conversation with me. But most importantly, she must be understanding.

There's no point being intelligent but unreasonable!

As for figures & looks, they are secondary.. Someone with average looks & figure will suffice.

Note: One's physical appearance may fade overtime, in the end, it's her inner beauty that matters.

You certainly don't want a pretty & sexy lady but is so slutty that goes around sleeping with every guy friend of yours. ehhee.... (but then again, that's an extreme example i'm stating.)

My 2 Cents worth. - Ericz

ReputationRep:
    I think if you have a connection with someone intellectually and emotionally, then you find them more attractive IRL, and vice versa.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.