Is it standard that all girls get approached? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If a girl is average or above, does this mean that she will have tons of men approaching her and endless 'back up' guys if she already has a boyfriend like everyone on tsr seems to think? I've always thought I was average but then I've never been approached by a guy so maybe I'm below average?
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If a girl is average or above, does this mean that she will have tons of men approaching her and endless 'back up' guys if she already has a boyfriend like everyone on tsr seems to think? I've always thought I was average but then I've never been approached by a guy so maybe I'm below average?
I suppose it also depends on spending enough time in places where these "approaches" are common and socially acceptable. For example, maybe if you frequent bars, clubs, pubs, dating websites, parties etc. then you're more likely to be approached than if you're just filling up your car at a petrol station or something.
Stefano93
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're not the girl from the other day who's like 23 or something and never been approached in her life, are you?
anonwinner
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Show pic then we can decide
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stefano93)
You're not the girl from the other day who's like 23 or something and never been approached in her life, are you?
And she boasts she does a PhD in physics at Imperial. If anything we should leave her to focus on that
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, you need to be well above average to be in the category you are describing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Stefano93)
Nope I'm 17

(Original post by anonwinner)
Show pic then we can decide
No

(Original post by tazarooni89)
I suppose it also depends on spending enough time in places where these "approaches" are common and socially acceptable. For example, maybe if you frequent bars, clubs, pubs, dating websites, parties etc. then you're more likely to be approached than if you're just filling up your car at a petrol station or something.
Ah okay this makes sense, thanks

(Original post by Zarek)
That's what I thought but I started to get doubtful since so many guys on TSR claim that's how easy it is for most girls and anyone else must be unattractive but I guess they're just bitter. :dontknow:
Cremated_Spatula
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zarek)
Not really, there are plenty of desperate average (or lower) looking guys...
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
Not really, there are plenty of desperate average (or lower) looking guys...
Yep, but they're still striving with girls out of their league. To have a queue at your door you need to be very attractive and everyone else has to work a bit.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
No its not, there's plenty of girls who never put themselves in situations to be approached or have not be considered approachable for x reason
angel2015
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends lol, I have v v pretty friends but the majority of guys find them too intimidating to approach
Cremated_Spatula
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zarek)
Yep, but they're still striving with girls out of their league. To have a queue at your door you need to be very attractive and everyone else has to work a bit.
If you compared the queue of men lining up for an attractive girl with an average looking one, there would be a massive difference, sure.

But you'd have to have some issues of your own if you had no interest at all from any guys.

Like living on a tiny island with a population of about 30 people lol.
TheTipsyTarsier
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't get approached in person randomly either (apart from an anomaly on Sunday, only happened because I was at a pub), don't worry about it, I think it's perfectly normal :dontknow:
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm exactly like you.
Gott der Zweite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is just BANTER
Cremated_Spatula
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd say it's more standard than men getting approached haha
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheTipsyTarsier)
I don't get approached in person randomly either (apart from an anomaly on Sunday, only happened because I was at a pub), don't worry about it, I think it's perfectly normal :dontknow:
Yeah I thought it was, shouldn't have let TSR influence me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CescaD96)
I'm exactly like you.
:highfive:
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:highfive:
It doesn't really bother me, actually.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (131)
18.02%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.04%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (126)
17.33%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.44%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (222)
30.54%

Watched Threads