The Student Room Group

Is it standard that all girls get approached?

Scroll to see replies

Everyone knows that it's easier for girls at our age, but that doesn't mean that attention is always from people that they'd be interested in. You'd struggle to find a girl who doesn't have a story or two about some weirdo approaching them, i'm glad that as a man I won't ever have that problem. Women have issues finding someone right for them just as much as men do.
It depends what environment you are normally in. If you're the kind of person that goes out and meets new people all the time and talks to people, then you've just been unlucky. But if you're just sat in the house all day, how are you meant to be approached by new guys?
I've never been approached by a guy or girl, unless you count on apps (where I met my girlfriend), but then again I'm pretty sure I'm below average/average so that's probably not very helpful. Plus idk if I give off gay vibes or anything.... :P
Original post by ellsie98
I've never been approached by a guy or girl, unless you count on apps (where I met my girlfriend), but then again I'm pretty sure I'm below average/average so that's probably not very helpful. Plus idk if I give off gay vibes or anything.... :P

Surely you do get approached by men but you turn them down because you're lesbian?
Being approached a lot is not necessarily desirable, i'm rarely interested in the men that approach me because many of them come on way too strong and are quite aggressive about it which is really off-putting, and they can be creepily persistent. As someone else said, it depends on the settings you're in as to whether you'll be approached or not, as well as how you look.

It's best not to hang about waiting to be approached anyway, no reason why you can't approach people you find attractive. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
It depends who you know and what environment you're in! Eg if you go to a lot of parties, clubs etc I suppose you're more likely to be approached as it's a different environment
I think how approachable you look plays a big part, so whether you're smiling, having your arms uncrossed etc. This girl in one of my classes at school is SO SO pretty but she's also really shy so she never gets approached ever, she's never had a boyfriend either. It's not her looks that are the problem it's just that guys mistake her shyness for being totally uninterested or stuckup which is kind of sad but that's the way it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like others have said it depends on the location, if you go to a lot of clubs then it is easier to get approached, only the best looking people get approached on the streets etc. Being attractive isn't everything though OP. :smile:
I don't really get approached by guys and never by girls so..

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on a variety of factors: what you look like, what sorts of vibes you give off, where you tend to hang out and also which country you're in...

Eg. I'm reasonably attractive (or so I'm told), but tend to keep myself to myself, so in England I've only been approached a couple of times, but....

last summer, I was in Vienna for a couple of months and because I was in such a different environment, I was much more outgoing and I lost count of the number of times guys approached me. I was chatted up by three different men and given two phone numbers in the time it took me to walk from one side of Stephansplatz to the other!

Since I've been back in England, though, no approaches from anyone.

There really aren't many conclusions you can draw either from being approached a lot or not at all: some very pretty girls never get asked out because men all think she's out of their league, some very average looking girls get asked out because they give off an air of flirtiness and confidence.
I've never been approached by anyone.
Not really, I know some stunning girls who claim they never get approached. It could be that guys are too intimidated to approach you, who knows. Maybe they approach more average looking girls because they think they have more of a chance.

As above actually, it depends on the vibes you give off etc. If you look a bit standoffish or uninterested, you probably won't be approached.
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't think looks are a factor as to whether or not a girl gets approached. It's all about personality. Someone who smiles often, not excessively loud, and seems to be a person that will flirt back is going to be approached a LOT in everyday situations.
Reply 33
Original post by Pinkberry_y
I think how approachable you look plays a big part, so whether you're smiling, having your arms uncrossed etc. This girl in one of my classes at school is SO SO pretty but she's also really shy so she never gets approached ever, she's never had a boyfriend either. It's not her looks that are the problem it's just that guys mistake her shyness for being totally uninterested or stuckup which is kind of sad but that's the way it is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely!

It's not a certainty that every attractive girl will be approached to such a degree, not everyone is the same and their environment and the way they live their life is bound to affect significantly those chances. I'm sure that pretty much all of them would have at least one odd dude doing/saying something to them, but that's because it happens even while simply walking down the street or who knows where and they don't care to get anywhere specifically with the girl so they just do random things. I find how people here perceive this weird as well (from what I have seen). But i understand where they're coming from as well, the truth just kind of gets lost in generalization.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending