Psychology essays - KILL ME Watch

Katyrose98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Im currently in year 12 and revising for my January psychology mock.
Our teacher gave us the 12 mark question and i'm really struggling to answer it, can anyone help? I am now sick to death of trawling through google to try and find something.
The question is - Outline and evaluate research studies which have investigated the accuracy of eyewitness testimony.
Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
alifleih
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Much of this has to do with false memories, interference, childhood trauma, and more importantly I believe is Elizabeth Loftus.
Pinkberry_y
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Agree with OP Loftus is the best research you can use for this one, you can do it on age and accuracy of eye witness testimony or about false memories.
Regarding evaluation points, always do a positive about supporting research studies, in the aqa psych textbook I'm 100% sure there are lots of mini studies mentioned for eye witness, just use one of those that had similar findings and say that Makes loftus's study reliable and similar results have consistently been found. You could then extend that by saying real life applications can be made from these findings for example if you're talking about false memories you could say how that it could be used by the police when questioning suspects so they can word their questions objectively to prevent false memories being planted.
Then for a negative point you could make, basically look at the methodology of the study eg what was the sample that was used? Was it all students? If so then is that really representative? If not then that would lower the population validity of the study etc etc.

Hope that helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Katyrose98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you guys! You were really helpful😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (190)
12.74%
Excited (123)
8.25%
Worried (279)
18.71%
Terrified (343)
23%
Meh (124)
8.32%
Confused (35)
2.35%
Putting on a brave face (202)
13.55%
Impatient (195)
13.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise